Thread: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 super-coupe track battle

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 super-coupe track battle

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    335ti 360ti x5-6.0tt

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I think it was either Motor Trend or Drive that did the same review and the Lexus failed here.

My Cars
    335ti 360ti x5-6.0tt

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Any review where the Lexus won?

My Cars
    335ti 360ti x5-6.0tt
    Comfort....¿ I saw an episode, this guy didn't really seem to know much more than what was written on paper. All he could talk about is the sound of each an how the m4 is fake, the m4 rides too harsh, the Lexus is an all around great car and is only a "smidge" off the performance of the m4 so get the Lexus. I haven't driven either one so I have no input. I have driven the lesser of the two cars, the Lexus is always extremely soft and easy on steering. Major complaint, no real feel of anything beyond the steering wheel

My Cars
    '10 E92 M3
    Recently, I drove the Lexus RC-F. Twice actually. My impressions are the seats are fantastic and very comfy. The car is definitely smaller than my e9x M3, which isn't a bad thing just is what it is. The dash leaves something to be desired and the digital gauge cluster although neat is just a little over the top. I really liked the Lexus trackpad features for the infotainment system as it seamlessly blends to anyone that is used to having a smart phone or laptop. This is especially true with the tactic responses that it provides.

As for the performance side of the car, the engine sounds fantastic especially anytime one gets on the throttle. The suspension is quite soft in the standard mode; however, moving the controls up to Sport+ mode on the control system appeared to stiffen it up some, but was still softer than my e9x suspension in standard mode. The steering is quite light for a sports coupe and minimal feedback. The transmission does require some work in comparison to Audi, Porsche, and BMW that are using sequential boxes, the Lexus appears to be an over glorified automatic that is not as responsive as any of the dual clutch boxes I have utilized.

The Lexus would definitely excel on highway driving and city commuting with the sheer level of creature comforts that are offered, such as heated and cooled seats. The color choices on the Lexus are quite good with the exclusive F pearl finishes of the White, Blue, and Orange being vastly superior in my eyes to say Austin Yellow, which reminds me more of baby poo. I have not had a chance to drive the new M4, but will be shortly when I return to Texas. I would prefer the styling lines of the M4 front end, but the rear of the Lexus is quite appealing. The inside appointments I think would give the edge to the Lexus for comfort, but for the driver experience I think BMW would take the win as the new M4 feels quite similar to my e9x and that has always been one of BMW's strong points IMO is catering to the feel of the driver. Will report back once I get the M4 experience.

It does sound great, but is it ever ugly!
    '95 M3 S54 Track Toy
    '19 X5 40i M-Sport
    '16 Cayman GT4
    ‘23 GR Corolla

My Cars
    13 boxster S, 95 328i eu
    hi, this is my first post, i'm hunting for a 328i E36, anyway since i test drove the RC-F on a track i would like to give my feedback.

the car sucks, it is too heavy, too much body roll and the gear box upshift in mid turns!, and that is in track mode, the engine has alot of torque.

i don't have a BMW, my daily drive is a 2013 boxster s.

that lexus is a bust.