Thread: I just bought my first BMW

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330ci coupe

I just bought my first BMW

I bought a 2003 330Ci coupe with 108k miles on it. I have to say it is a pretty good feeling waking up knowing what I'm about to drive to work. The car handles fairly well, not as good as the 2011 I drove when I was visiting AZ and found out I wanted a BMW.
    I have to replace the motor for the sunroof I believe. I opened the sunroof after I got off work last night to see if it worked while it was 10°F outside. When it finished opening I pushed the button to have it close but when I did nothing happend. I sat there and played the the buttons seeing if it'd engage but after 5 minutes I had to get going. I ended up googling a bit to see what could be done and found out how to manually close it.
    The thermostat might be going out, when I was driving today it was saying red hot for about 5 minutes. It dropped down to regular Temps after a few lights. I checked the coolent reservoir to see if it looked like any oil mixed in with it due to a blown head gasket but it seems fine (Fingers crossed).
    Other than that this car seems to run fine and I'm stoked to have this car. I ended up pushing it to about 115 MPH without even meaning to on the highway. After I had my play I settled down to about 80 MPH the remainder of the drive and was getting fairly decent millage. The real time MPG gauge rest just over 50 here in town (lots of long roads with no lights) and it has me believing that the gauge isn't accurate simply because I've never had a car get better than 18 MPG. I'm taking it into an import shop tomorrow to get it inspected and find out if I made the right decision.

HOW DO I POST PICTURES FROM MY PHONE?

My Cars
    1992 Estoril 325ic
    you can add pictures to photo bucket and then post the links. But, don't drive the car in the read. If it goes past half way, you should shut her down. Try bleeding the air out of the system, then work to bigger issues. GL
    98 Estoril M3 Coupe, 87 Red 325ic, 99 Fern Coupe M3, 92 Estoril 325ic

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Nice purchase. I just drove an e46 330i for the first time today. It was by far the best normally aspirated 6 cylinder BMW I have driven. It was also the first manual 6 cylinder BMW I had driven so the power off of the line feeling might have been just my imagination. I liked it.

Welcome to the world of BMW!

It sounds like you have air in your coolant system, however I would never run it in the red, BMW's of that generation are well known for leaky cooling systems. As a result a lot of them end up getting overheated very badly by people that don't know when to stop.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite