Thread: Tire and Wheel Paclahe 2012 335i M SPORT Coupe? <newbie>

My Cars
    2012 335i

To BUY Tire and Wheel Insurance?!?! 2012 335i M SPORT Coupe? <newbie>

I am looking at a Space Grey 2012 335i with 33k miles with convenience package, Technology Package, M sport Package. I have the dealer down to $34000 for it. I was debating between it and leasing a new one. but probably a 428i coupe. I just worry that I am always going to get screwed by the dealer. Also I have read about the Tire and Wheel Package. the dealer here wants $2000 for it and claims that because it covers curb rash as of January 1 the price went up from BMW. they also want $2000 for the pre-paid maintenance package that takes it to 100,000 miles or until June of 2018. Do these prices sound high or reasonable given the curb rash coverage for the wheels and the run flats? The guy there also told me the Wheel and Tire would cover anything that happened to the tires and replace any road hazard damage . I find that hard to believe. I took my wife with me to the stealership. that was a mistake. She feel in love with the car and my negotiating position is gone. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. This will be the 1st BMW that I have ever owned. I am feeling very apprehensive but also very excited. I have always dreamed of being part of the family and after driving the 3 liter 300 HP 6, I really want that engine.

P.S. it is a CPO
    P.S.S. sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by WhitePropeller; 03-01-2015 at 03:47 PM.

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    A full set of tires is about $1100, not including mount and balance. Painted alloy wheels with curb rash can be refinished pretty cheap. Not worth it in my opinion unless you plan on blowing out every tire and bend/crack a couple wheels.

Maintenance package? Depends if you can wear the brakes out in 3 years.

My Cars
    2012 335i

Thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter29928 View Post
    A full set of tires is about $1100, not including mount and balance. Painted alloy wheels with curb rash can be refinished pretty cheap. Not worth it in my opinion unless you plan on blowing out every tire and bend/crack a couple wheels.

Maintenance package? Depends if you can wear the brakes out in 3 years.

I have aluminum alloy wheels on the 1 I am looking at. That is not painted is it?

Thanks for the quick response. the 2012 twin turbo is not supposed to be prolematic like the '10 and earlier models from what I have read either.
    Thx
    W

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    Wheels that are metal, polished aluminum or chrome are a different story I suppose.

I was thinking of the painted wheels, like this

When they get curb rash you just sand them, use some type of filler, sand again and then paint.

BMW has sorted out many of the issues with the N54 engine. But I agree the N55 has been much less problematic.