Thread: Momo install, wheel shakes...

My Cars
    1996 328i vert

Momo install, wheel shakes...

So I just popped on the momo hub and quark steering wheel, lined up top, and the wheel and hub shake now. I torqued the bolt flush. almost feels like the column is loose. My car only has 120k miles...the stock steering wheel did not move around at all. Is there a shim that goes with the hub to stop the movement that I'm not aware of? 1996 328I. I did take away the slip ring, it did not stop the wheel from shaking, but pushed
    it too forward (left a 1/4" gap at base of momo hub) please help! It drives fine....but the shake....

Found m3 forum with exact same issue, seems as though the steering column bearing is plastic, u-brackets holding the column and the fire wall sleeve all seem to be the potential culprits. I am going to undo and tighten ASAP with some loctite
    Last edited by Pyropete82; 03-01-2015 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Figure out?

My Cars
    1996 328i vert
    Solved, replaced column bearing in cabin, put the steering wheel spacer in there that I removed thinking it wasn't needed. I still do not like the gap between the hub adapter and the column shroud, maybe it's just more apparent because I don't have that bulky air bag in the way