Thread: Ticks and stalls on idle

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740iL

Ticks and stalls on idle

Hello.

I just finished replacing the PCV on my 1995 740IL. While doing this job a couple things had to be disconnected: on the PCV the fuel vacuum hose
    at the top on the passenger side, The Brake booster hose on the top driver side, and another hose at the bottom on the driver side. While disconnecting the the fuel hose, it was very worn and sticky like it was melted. The more i pulled it stretched at the end so eventually it snapped off. So I took scissors and cut a centimeter off to make it fit back evenly and the brake booster hose it was stuck so tight on the nipple of the PCV i had no choice but to break the nipple and try to dig out the plastic in the hose with a flathead screwdriver which didn't help either. I had to break an inch off of the hose so it can fit back on the nipple.

After finished installing the new PCV and put everything back I started the car and then I hear hissing on the passenger side and a little tick every now and then the the idle is rough and then it stalls. Could cutting the fuel hose and brake booster hose shorter or breaking it have anything to do with it stalling and the idle being rough?

My Cars
    2002 bmw 325
    sounds like you still have a vac leak.

did you remove the intake to replace the pcv or did you just replace the rubber diaphragm and cap?

you may have to spray brake/carb cleaner around to see if you can find a vac leak.
    02 BMW 325
    13 MB GLK350
    94 GMC sonoma 4x4 - hpd30/8.8 - toy
    15 MB GLA250 (wife's)
    01 Pontiac WS6 - Garage Queen
    12 RAM CC Hemi powered - new DD

GOIN BROKE BUT N STYLE

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740iL
    I only removed the PCV on the back of the intake.