Thread: Need Advice ! 335is vs 428i M-Sport

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335is DCT

Need Advice ! 335is vs 428i M-Sport

I really like the power of the 335is but the 428i have a beautiful style
    I don't know which to choose , if the 428i still has a strong power kick and a better suspension to take corners then it might be a better option ?
    I really need you guys' opinions , thank you! Greatly appreciated!
    P/S: the 335iS (one with DCT) not the normal 335i
    Last edited by Khomkrit; 02-24-2015 at 11:14 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    E92 335is vs F32 428i I guess is the question here? Thats actually a good question. I'd take the 4 myself but the "is" is equally as cool but looks dated in comparison imo

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    228 with the m suspension. Modern looks, and performance surprisingly close to the 335. I think the 228 is quite a bit underrated. Or you could go for the 235... similar in cost to 428... a lot more fun.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    E39,W124
    335is,just not a fan of the interior quality of the F30/32 series.The exterior is nice though.
    P.S.
    Are you sure the 428i handles better than the is?

The Ultimate Driving Машин

My Cars
    E39 M5; Exige S CR
    It comes down to what matters more to you the performance or the aesthetics. I'm all about the performance. If you are planning on mods I'd go with the 335is because of the higher ceiling.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335is DCT
    OMG guys... I just test drove a 335iS , just like they advertised.. The Ultimate Driving Machine !
    I don't think I even have to test drive a 428i anymore, the suspension is superb, the feel you get from the ground to your butt is orgasmic, the power kicks in when you want it with just going a little deeper into the gas pedal *this is w/o the M-Sport button on*
    but a little cons: steering wheel feels like I'm turning a 20lbs dumbell, and the car is a little low
    So I'm wondering if say I'm driving on the freeway and there's a pot hole , would it damage the car ? Just an average size pot hole that you see normally ? Yep , old LA's freeway
    I also want to add something , you haven't drive a BMW , you haven't lived...
    Sorry for my stupid excitement I'm just overwhelmed coming from a 10secs Accord
    Last edited by Khomkrit; 02-27-2015 at 12:59 AM.

My Cars
    E39,W124
    Yes,the car is low,so you'll have to adjust your driving habits-you have to watch out for potholes,parking curbs,steep driveways...Also,I don't think you know but for around $800 you can make the is even more exciting.

The Ultimate Driving Машин

My Cars
    z3
    You aren't even going to test drive the other model you are considering? I've driven a 428i and it was quite a blast... I'd probably take the 335is over it to just because of the rarity and the bigger engine but I'd at least drive them both so I knew for sure.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335is DCT
    I will test drive the 428i tmr , sorry got too excited yesterday after the 335iS test drive xD
    I have heard of JB and COBB tune , but I didn't know it could work on the 335iS ? I thought it only work on 335i ? And also researched that others say it doesn't really work ?
    I still not sure what are these , I just know it has something to do with the software control , but if many of you guys got the result , I would definitely give it a try
    Again , thank you so much for your comments ! Appreciate it really much

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by Khomkrit View Post
    I will test drive the 428i tmr , sorry got too excited yesterday after the 335iS test drive xD
    I have heard of JB and COBB tune , but I didn't know it could work on the 335iS ? I thought it only work on 335i ? And also researched that others say it doesn't really work ?
    I still not sure what are these , I just know it has something to do with the software control , but if many of you guys got the result , I would definitely give it a try
    Again , thank you so much for your comments ! Appreciate it really much
    While you are there why not give the 2 series a go as well? Not just a shameless plug because I have one, but while it is a bit smaller, it isn't that much smaller than the e92. But they are a ton of fun to drive.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335is DCT
    Will do sir ! I hope the dealer won't get cranky at me for test driving so many cars :S

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by Khomkrit View Post
    Will do sir ! I hope the dealer won't get cranky at me for test driving so many cars :S
    The m235i should be a similar price range as a decently loaded 428i, and it is in my opinion the fastest and most fun out of your choices. Also most loved by car mags heh.

My Cars
    2013 335is
    So how do you like your 335is so far?

2013 335is Sapphire Metallic Black
    2008 Z4MR Sapphire Metalic Black
    BMWCCA Member