Thread: US S52 intake manifold With porsche 993 HFM question

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5

US S52 intake manifold With porsche 993 HFM question

Hello I am new to the forum and have a question regarding the porsche 3.5 inch HFM. I am trying to see if this is a worthwhile first engine mod other than CAI with the stock Intake Manifold Everyone says to get the M50 Intake manifold but I
    value the torque over horsepower as this is a strictly streetcar as there are absolutley NO tracks where I live. The car is obd2, so the question is: is the 3.5in hfm worth it with a tune of course with the stock manifold?

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    If you go with a euro/porsche HFM or larger injectors, you MUST have the ECU tuned to those mods or your car will run like dog crap. Just sayin'... In my opinion you need to go all the way in opening up the intake if you want "mo' power", so the CAI, HFM, BBTB, and larger injectors or 4.0 bar FPR. --Looks like we are on the same path Bro.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Youd do all that with the stock manifold I am just wondering total HP gains I am definitely interested in opening it all the way up but I am concerned with computer stability and daily driving practicality. Also do you like the Dinan HFM better Id rather go full Dinan. If BMW trusts them I do too!
    Last edited by michaelbruno369; 02-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    It's hard to say total HP gains, there are probably dino results close to what you want in some corner of the web. IMHO the two paths most people take is either Dinan tunes or the Conforti Shark tunes over at Tuner motorsport. The Dinan HFM is just a Euro Bosch 806, that they made their fule/air map to. The Conforti did the same thing but used the Porsche HFM. There basically the same, maybe the Porsche has a slightly larger map. Dinan is good, but very conservative. As well they don't sell the HFM package for allot of older cars now so you would have to look for a used set up. Good luck!
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Thanks for the help I suppose I have a lot to think about. I appreciate the follow up.