Thread: Dying Light anyone?

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti

Dying Light anyone?

Am about 10% in, pretty intense game. Made me dizzy at first, but after getting used to it, very sweet game and co-op in
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Never tried it, I see alot of buddies playing it though. Looks interesting, what can you tell us about it? Looks like its a survival/horror sort of game.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    Never tried it, I see alot of buddies playing it though. Looks interesting, what can you tell us about it? Looks like its a survival/horror sort of game.
    It's a mission based open world, first person view, adventure type of game. Reminds me of a depressing zombie survival game, but with missions and bad guys to tango with. The story so far is intriguing. The co-op with other players is pretty good I can't lie. Graphically it's very well made

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post

It's a mission based open world, first person view, adventure type of game. Reminds me of a depressing zombie survival game, but with missions and bad guys to tango with. The story so far is intriguing. The co-op with other players is pretty good I can't lie. Graphically it's very well made
    Well you make it sound pretty good. Thanks! I'll have to pick it up..

One thing I like about the local gaming store, if your a platinum member you have 7 days to decide if you like the game or you can return it and exchange it for a new game of equal value.. So I keep 'renting' games lol
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    Well you make it sound pretty good. Thanks! I'll have to pick it up..

One thing I like about the local gaming store, if your a platinum member you have 7 days to decide if you like the game or you can return it and exchange it for a new game of equal value.. So I keep 'renting' games lol
    That's definitely an advantage over buying games on the xbox storefront, you're stuck with it if you don't like it

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Bought it on release day, love it. It really gives my 2x overclocked 780Ti's a workout.... not so much because the graphics are anything special, but because the engine is poorly optimized.

The game is great though, I beat it in about 4 days of wasting my life. After you kill the final bad guy you get dumped back at the tower with unteenmillion elective missions to do. They get boring quick though as they are all pretty much "go and fetch xyz" thing and come back to me type missions, although some vary.

Overall a great game, but I outside the main story is kinda dull. I'd recommend mixing in lots of elective side missions with the main story rather than blazing through like I did.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    98 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    That's definitely an advantage over buying games on the xbox storefront, you're stuck with it if you don't like it
    While the Xbox Store says no refunds, Xbox Support will normally refund a digital game once if you say there is an issue (such as crashing) or other excuse. Tons of people ended up getting refunds for digital Halo MCC. I wish I would've known about this policy after I bought Watch_Dogs....

I was kind of hesitant to buy Dying Light since I didn't really like parkour games, but gave it a chance since Dead Island was one of my favorites. After playing it for ~20hrs, it's easily one of my favorite games. Parkour is easy to control and makes the game feel a lot more open world than most other games. Weapon system is good, I didn't like the limited amount of repairs at first, but it's forces me to change weapons often.

Campaign isn't super original, but fun. I've been doing side missions along with the main story.

Dead Island was one of my favorites, and this game feels like what Dead Island should have been. It's too bad Deep Silver kept the Dead Island IP, because this would've made a great sequel.

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    I'm on the final mission and don't want it to end, LOL so I'm doing all the side quests

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Picking it up tomorrow.

My Cars
    08 mini cooper s turbo!!
    Really need to pick up another system

My Cars
    1996 ///M
    Zombie fatigue, I think I'll pass.

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    I'm enjoying it so far, but I can see it's going to get repetitive. I'm only up to the part where I've just met Rais.

When do I get a gun? I want to shoot some cunts. The best weapon I have so far is an electrified tiny little knife.

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    I was told it's the same team that did the first two Dead Island games... have not bothered to check since I didn't see it available for Xbox. Still play them in fact when I (rarely) get a chance to play something. Looks like this game is just a further improvement on those. Watched my buddy play it and looked really good.

PS - don't bother with the 3rd Dead Island. Massive backslide, really glad I didn't go for it.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30