Thread: emissions test

emissions test

have an emissions test coming soon but i cut off both mufflers for my 3 series. i should pass emissions but idk about safety tests lolz

My Cars
    1991 325i
    well I know here in PA you have to have a muffler with certain exceptions.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    z3
    Why would you need mufflers for a safety test?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    97 318i, 00 f350 +++
    im not 100% sure but i doubt your car will pass any emissions tests without a muffler. find somewhere you can get a list for the etest requirments in your area... dmv website?
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ny-sedan-parts
    e36 parts for sale

"n if your plan fell through a few times let me tell you one of the main ingredients of success is failure"

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by ogkush420 View Post
    im not 100% sure but i doubt your car will pass any emissions tests without a muffler. find somewhere you can get a list for the etest requirments in your area... dmv website?
    It depends on where you are... in my state you can have open headers and pass as long as you dont have a CEL.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

In pa you can pass emissions if you don't have a check engine light on after your car goes through its drive cycle. And as long as your car has a muffler or a resonator you can pass safety. But the it depends on the person who's doing your safety inspection counts the resonator as a sound muffling component

My Cars
    97 318i, 00 f350 +++
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    It depends on where you are... in my state you can have open headers and pass as long as you dont have a CEL.
    thats pretty cool cant get away with nothin like that here maybe under hot rod status but thats a whole other set of rules entirely

the whole CEL thing is so dumb i think the old tests were probably more effective (some cars still have to have a sniffer test done here but most places dont do it anymore)

to make it even dumber here if you live past a certain point north NO ETEST in theory one can buy property for nothing in the middle of nowhere, register his vehicles to said property and avoid an etest completely..... the whole thing is just completely asinine imo....
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ny-sedan-parts
    e36 parts for sale

"n if your plan fell through a few times let me tell you one of the main ingredients of success is failure"