Thread: All Warning indicators are on BMW 325i E93

My Cars
    2008 BMW 325i

All Warning indicators are on BMW 325i E93

Anyone had this issue?

I took my car in for a front parking light to fitted, and upon picking it up, I had all warning indicators lit up on my dashboard. The BMW dealer took it back into the garage to check it out and came back with a diagnosis of the traction control system needing to be replaced.. At around either $5.5k new or $3.5k reconditioned.

I was able to drive the car, so I left to go home and think about the options. On the way home, I fuelled up, and haven't had the issue since?!

Now I am concerned that I have an intermittent issue, but BMW advised me to simply come back if it does it again and they will need to change the traction control system..

Doesn't sound right to me. I am not in anyway a car person - I just drive them. Looking to see if anyone has had or seen this and what actually the issue was.:confused:confused:confused

My Cars
    z3
    I would wait until it happens again before worrying about it... sounds like it might be a speed sensor but you said "all warning indicators" and speed sensors generally light 2-4 lights at the most (oftentimes it is the following 3: brake, traction control, ABS)

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2008 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I would wait until it happens again before worrying about it... sounds like it might be a speed sensor but you said "all warning indicators" and speed sensors generally light 2-4 lights at the most (oftentimes it is the following 3: brake, traction control, ABS)
    thanks for reply, it looked like all, from memory definitely tyre pressure, abs, traction control, don't recall brakes, but I clicked through so many alerts I lost track.

still nothing further today so I will take it as a rare occurrence

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    It's a stretch, but sometimes this happens when the battery is on its way out. BMW's do not like dead/dying batteries. When mine was on its way out about 2 years ago, my dash lit up like the fourth of July, even my driving lights would be on from time to time.

As mentioned, keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. Keep in mind too that you can't always trust the dealer, they will do what they can to make an easy buck. Not that it can't be something serious, just always be ready to get a second opinion.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by lisat71 View Post
    thanks for reply, it looked like all, from memory definitely tyre pressure, abs, traction control, don't recall brakes, but I clicked through so many alerts I lost track.

still nothing further today so I will take it as a rare occurrence
    this just happened again today when I was leaving the house. I might have been a little overzealous stating ALL lights in my first post so I took more time to look at it while it was happening. It did go away after driving for a few minutes. I got the following 4 errors, when in the "check control Messages" section , under services in the i-Drive menu:

- Driving Stability! Drive Moderately
    - DBC Failure! Drive Moderately
    - Flat Tyre Monitor Failure!
    - Start Assistant inactive!

Is the Speed Sensor a pricy item too?

L

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    As said above this can happen when the battery is going out very common. However what this is is the ECU going into "diagnostic mode", it does not like something going on. This happens to almost every car from time to time, especially at start up, its not a big deal. But if you are seeing this happen allot as you are driving down the road it's probably not good. It can be all sorts of things from something serious, to something minor like a bad connection in the dash or fuse box. Take your ride to an indy shop, they will probably be more helpful and cheaper.

Also if you have never seen this issue before, there is a possibility they did something to smack your wallet. Honestly if you have to have a parking light fitted that gives the signal you have no idea how to work on a car (not trying to be mean). Good luck. Hope you find the problem.
    Last edited by bubbafett; 02-07-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...