Thread: BMW dealership. Sanitized female spa treatment. What do MEN buy these days?

My Cars
    2001 530i (E39) 128k

BMW dealership. Sanitized female spa treatment. What do MEN buy these days?

Had to pick up a part at the dealership. They done a renovation last year, and The “parts counter” is now inside the GIFT SHOP. There are no parts shelves visible. It’s just a kiosk terminal. The order is typed in and some lackey emerges from some underground smelting cavern and hands the polo shirted counter guy the part. There is no service bay visible from anywhere inside the dealership, either. Place was full of latte dweebs and grandma's buying BMW's on the showroom floor. Dealership is now a whole new level of sanitized. I felt like I grew a vagina just being in there, waiting for my part.

My Cars
    z3
    Its an upscale dealership for upscale cars. Makes sense to not have greasy mechanics walking around brand new $120,000 cars... people like the more professional environment. Don't see why "clean" in your mind is equated to "being female" ...you got hygiene issues brah?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Its an upscale dealership for upscale cars. Makes sense to not have greasy mechanics walking around brand new $120,000 cars... people like the more professional environment. Don't see why "clean" in your mind is equated to "being female" ...you got hygiene issues brah?
    Yea most BMW dealers that ive been to a pretty clean, which makes lots of sense considering who they are selling too. Even when I was at hyundai you didnt walk back to the shop parts counter. You talked to a guy in a room who would go get you your part from the back, then print you an invoice to take to a cashier. Customers seem to like things neat and clean.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    z3
    FWIW at my local dealership, the dealer part is a beautiful modern architecture style building with a huge glass facade with highway exposure, but to get to the parts department, its in the back, on the side, shoved away... you pass two mechanic bays to get back there... though the dealer just a little farther away has the parts counter in a little lounge area (but bays are open if you just drive in the back entrance)

I see 0 problem whatsoever and definitely not something to make a stink over

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Another pointless thread from OTF, not a surprise at all

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by e39hamann View Post
    Another pointless thread from OTF, not a surprise at all
    Agreed

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2001 330i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    Had to pick up a part at the dealership. They done a renovation last year, and The “parts counter” is now inside the GIFT SHOP. There are no parts shelves visible. It’s just a kiosk terminal. The order is typed in and some lackey emerges from some underground smelting cavern and hands the polo shirted counter guy the part. There is no service bay visible from anywhere inside the dealership, either. Place was full of latte dweebs and grandma's buying BMW's on the showroom floor. Dealership is now a whole new level of sanitized. I felt like I grew a vagina just being in there, waiting for my part.
    Hello from the guy at the parts counter.

You might be having a crisis with your self-confidence.
    -Teddy, Atlanta area BMW Dealership Parts Advisor

My Cars
    99 M Coupe,04 K1200rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Parts View Post
    Hello from the guy at the parts counter.

You might be having a crisis with your self-confidence.
    Some of us are confident that BMW isn't what it used to be, albeit the money the beautiful people spend occasionally allows the M people to build something nice that the aforementioned would find crude.(M Coupe)

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    Let's see.... "My cars: E39 with 128k". That explains it.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Well I guess some men go to the forums and complain about stuff that really doesn't matter.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    What I don't get is why OP isn't driving a '72 Ford pickup?

Women drive BMW's, eww, cooties!
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    You would seemingly like my local BMW dealer then. The parts counter is off of the side of the service bays, it services BMW, VW, and Subaru all from the same counter, use to have Kia and Volvo too. The counter itself is a not very high end, the display cases show the same extra options for sale for your BMW, VW, or Subaru that have been on those selves for 10 years. The opposing side of the counter is where the mechanics come up to get parts for the cars they are working on. The attendants are always trying to balance the work load between the walk in customers and the mechanics. It is a very hectic area and there is no free Coffee, if you want that you can walk across the parking lot to the BMW/VW building and sit in the nice lounge and stare at a new M3 while sipping some foam.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite