Thread: Anyone used a Kassel Performance tune?

My Cars
    10 335i - 97 328is x2

Anyone used a Kassel Performance tune?

I am putting in a "new to my car" low mileage M52 into my track car and swapping on S52 cams and an M50 intake. Kassel performance offers a tuned DME for these mods and which deletes EWS, removes the speed limiter, increases the rev limiter to 7000 among some other options and which is completely plug and play and which they advertise to create 243hp at the crank. It only costs $270 which is much less than comparable tunes.

I called and spoke with someone at Kassel and they were very helpful. One of my main questions was whether the tune was locked or open (could I adjust the tune to my specific application) and they said it is open so that can be done.

Has anyone used one of their tunes and if so, how was the performance? I'm thinking this would be a good base to start with and if the afrs are a little off, maybe have the car dyno tuned to fine tune it a little. I figure for 270, this would save a good deal of time on the dyno.

Thoughts or additional info would be greatly appreciated
    1997 E36 Track Car - Started life as 328is
    1997 E36 S54 Track Car
    2010 E90 335i - Daily driver
    2011 F-250 - Tow rig

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i
    Do not use him! I had them perform a SAP delete with Euro tune on my 2002 325i E46. Before I sent him the DME I specifically asked if the SAP monitor, o2 monitor, and catalyst monitors would be set to N/A for emissions purposes. He assured me that they would so I proceeded to send the DME. After I got it back not only the did the SAP monitor show "inc" but the key on CEL bulb check didn't work! Because of this car would not pass. After sending over 10 emails to them, he finally replied back and told me to resend the DME. After getting the DME back the second time, I had a key on CEL bulb check but still had "inc" for the monitors. After yet again emailing him many times, his advice was to remove the o2 heater circuit fuse and SAP relay. All this did was cause a CEL!!!!! I have no emailed him over 10+ again with no response. Steer clear of this shoddy business!

My Cars
    10 335i - 97 328is x2
    Thanks for the response, Joe. I hate to hear about your experience. May I ask since you're in ATL, why didn't you go with TRM? I was thinking about taking my car to TRM to dyno tune it, but its kind of a long haul from Charleston to ATL, but it's doable. Kassel seemed like a less expensive alternative.

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i