eBMWParts

Thread: Front wheel bearing/hub install in Colorado?

My Cars
    2011 335d

Front wheel bearing/hub install in Colorado?

Hi guys and girls. I've got a 1995 318i, and it needs a new passenger side front hub beating installed, but I'm not about to pay the stealership $400 to install a $50 part. I've got the new hub bearing, but not the $700 tool to install it. Anyone in Colorado or Wyoming have one? I'd rent it from you, or could bring my rise to you, buy beer and lunch, and we could replace it together. I've done both of them before, incorrectly, and messed the passenger side up upon install, apparently, because it's torqued down to the specified 210 lb ft, or whatever, and it still moves. Guess I shouldn't have installed it with a socket and hand sledge... Hope someone out there can help an Air Force Mechanic in need.

My Cars
    arctiksilber e36
    pm bigjae1976 I just rented this tool from him. 300$ deposit via paypal, he sends you 245$ back when he gets it back in the mail. I can't imagine doing it without the tool, seems impossible.

My Cars
    2011 335d
    Huge thank you for the information! I replaced them both, but I ruined them, because I tried to tell gently hammer them on with a big socket. Apparently they don't like that...

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 335deezl View Post
    Huge thank you for the information! I replaced them both, but I ruined them, because I tried to tell gently hammer them on with a big socket. Apparently they don't like that...
    Thats pretty strange i did both sides on my m3 exactly like this