Thread: Renown steering wheel

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i Cabrio

Renown steering wheel

My initial intention of this steering wheel was to be placed in my daily. Something I can use & abuse and not really care for it. After installing it and driving around for a bit, I fell in love. With its sporty and classy look, it flows really well with the e30 interior. The feel of the steering wheel is what got me the most, the suede texture and material the steering wheel is made from is top quality. As for the installation, it comes with everything needed to install and even a horn button with its wire comes in the box. All that i needed was a Momo hub which I already had and for $185 you can't beat it. Most other wheels you'd have to buy horn, ring, and wire separately.

Overall Im really happy with the wheel. Even the service and shipping was quick, I placed my order on November the 28th and received it on December 3. I like the wheel so much that it will be replacing the Nardi that was in my garage queen.

http://www.renownusa.com/product/renown-130r-dark-suede

My Cars
    z3
    Nice but, I'll never run a steering wheel without an airbag personally. I've been involved in one major accident behind the wheel and I think in that instance the steering wheel airbag saved my life...

Looks great though!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320iS
    Nice looking wheel.

Specs say 50mm depth, but it's hard to see in the pics. Does it have some dish to it? I'm looking to replace my ancient (first installed in my '86 Callaway GTI) Momo Monte Carlo, and I'd like a wheel with a little dish to it to bring it closer to me.
    '95 M3 S54 Track Toy
    '19 X5 40i M-Sport
    '16 Cayman GT4
    ‘23 GR Corolla

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Nice but, I'll never run a steering wheel without an airbag personally. I've been involved in one major accident behind the wheel and I think in that instance the steering wheel airbag saved my life...

Looks great though!
    I'd never remove an airbag from a car, but thats not to say I'd never drive a car without airbags. I imagine his e30 didn't have a drivers bag to begin with. I know mine didn't. I too had a run in with an airbag that was painful, but definitely would have been a lot worse without one.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring