Thread: e36 M3 driveshaft bolts

My Cars
    1987 Buick Grand Nationa

e36 M3 driveshaft bolts

can anyone find the 4-bolt flange driveshaft bolts in any of the diagrams? They are knurled M10s and it looks like they cost $40 each which is ridiculous. The only diagrams i found were for the 6 bolt cv joint, regardless of the year. Mine loosened up and some fell out and I am thinking of replacing the nuts with nylocks. I am running a 1 piece Al driveshaft with an ls1/t56 combo.

My Cars
    04 M3, 02 E39, 01 46 M3T
    What year and model diff do you have? I looked at realoem and while the late model shaft is what is shown a search of a 94 M3 shows the rear U joint style. The part number is 26111206718.

Found this on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-BMW-Dr.../dp/B00HWAKNM6

That said, you really should contact the vendor for the driveshaft to find out what they recommend. The tail piece of your drive shaft may be different than stock. The fact that the stock ones are knurled would suggest that may not be correct for your driveshaft. The OEM ones also have one flat and with the knurling it may mean they are driven or pressed in and should be fixed in place. MAYBE, you can find grade 12.9 bolts and locking nuts. Given the power you have, getting THIS right is (as you probably know!!) really important. ;-)