Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game... "Your perfect interior....:"

My Cars
    Mazdaspeed3, '99 M Coup

Let's play a game... "Your perfect interior....:"

Good Evening All -

I'm about to embark on some interior work, I know it's a PITA, but if it's coming apart, I want to only do it once.

I currently have a black on black z3m coupe, I'm swapping interiors with a red/black interior (DROOL.)

So I'll have a Black on Red/Black Coupe!

BUT.... While I have it all out... why not go a step further?

I love the look of the extended leather. I saw a few at Zfest and man does it look good.

My plan is to get a new black dash (already located) and recover the Dash Pods in Imola Red, and do the tops of the door panels to match what came from the factory as well.

Other things I'd like to do:

Install Euro Glove Box - has anyone ever covered this in leather? (Black or red?.. leaning black)
    Replace all the bulbs in behind my dash with LEDs
    Probably replace the factory clock and voltmeter with BOOOOOST and AFR Gauges

My questions: What else should I do while I'm in there.. and does anyone have cool ideas on what else could be done during this process?

Who has a wild custom interior, extended Leather (I know there is an appreciation thread, I've spent a lot of time there) or what's your ideal interior look like?

Thanks!

Marty

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3 1.9 Hellrot
    Is it actually possible to replace the bulbs with LEDs and do they still work with the dimmer?
    Well you might also want to consider this https://moman.pl/eu/bmw-e36,20,68.html

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    Because it needs to be mentioned

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Bear in mind that the extended leather doesn't wear well due to sun exposure. It shrinks and cracks. So I would imagine lots of leather care will be critical for any chance of longevity.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    So..Im laying here, minding my own business and I get this ringing in my ears.

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry F. View Post
    Bear in mind that the extended leather doesn't wear well due to sun exposure. It shrinks and cracks. So I would imagine lots of leather care will be critical for any chance of longevity.

what are those pads? I came to the thread intending to describe exactly that.

And, is it possible to only replace the cupholders with a pad, leave the little cubby there towards the back?

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    ^ I think it's a leather Z, I have them in my M coupe (from a previous owner).

The front partition opens from the side (ie hot dog style) and is just a felt covered cubby. The back partition opens the other way (tilts back) and exposes two cup holders (one of which isnt even really suitable for a drink). It looks padded, and is much better than plastic, but there's not much more than leather wrapped plastic.

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    On mine they are just hard plastic lids. Could be covered though. Oh, and one has since broke.

Jeff, great to have you stop by. Hope all is well, finger included.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroad View Post
    So..Im laying here, minding my own business and I get this ringing in my ears.

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by poordna View Post

what are those pads? I came to the thread intending to describe exactly that.

And, is it possible to only replace the cupholders with a pad, leave the little cubby there towards the back?
    That whole console insert is the original BMW cupholder/armrest, which came with those hinged covers. Maybe yours are missing. It was part number 82-11-1-469-516 but is NLA.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    Thought this link was worth sharing, never quite finished it but dang I came close. Hello family .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rocknr...7622123599192/

- - - Updated - - -

On mine they are just hard plastic lids. Could be covered though. Oh, and one has since broke.

Jeff, great to have you stop by. Hope all is well, finger included.
    Thanks Terry. I believe I still have enough of your tan leather for those arm rest covers...the thumb is doing fine. Hitching rides all over town.

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroad View Post

Thanks Terry. I believe I still have enough of your tan leather for those arm rest covers...the thumb is doing fine. Hitching rides all over town.
    Jeff, I actually ditched the whole thing. So now I just have the depression, like stock. I would love to have a full-length matching "floor" in there. Is there enough for that? Even seamed is fine. If so, are you interested? If not, would you please send me the remaining leather at my expense? No rush, of course. BTW, the wheel is wearing very well. No loss of color and very little darkening. I am still very pleased.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 coupe
    Ya know, honestly I think my interior is just about perfect. But I did get a head start because I got my favorite color combo for my coupe. (Silver/Tanin red). I got the ZHP knob, white led replacement bulbs for the dome and trunk light, wrapped the ugly wood console in dry carbon fiber, and replaced the headliner with alcantara. The only thing I still want to do is get my steering wheel rewrapped which I'm in the process of doing. But otherwise I absolutley love my interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalatr View Post
    Ya know, honestly I think my interior is just about perfect. But I did get a head start because I got my favorite color combo for my coupe. (Silver/Tanin red). I got the ZHP knob, white led replacement bulbs for the dome and trunk light, wrapped the ugly wood console in dry carbon fiber, and replaced the headliner with alcantara. The only thing I still want to do is get my steering wheel rewrapped which I'm in the process of doing. But otherwise I absolutley love my interior.
    That looks more like dream red.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2000 Z3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    That looks more like dream red.
    yea, just the light used. It's definitely Tanin though

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I have begun getting quotes on getting mine done.

Basically I am mimicking the factory two tone, but instead of the color break, I am doing a material break with black Alcantara and upgrading the quality of my black Nappa. I am going to do silver stitching as well. So just like the OEM color break, the door panels, dash and pods will be done as well. I already have Leather Z Alcantara arm rest, door arm rests and extra material to do the console and shifter surround.

My first quote is $1600 just for the seats.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    Jeff, I actually ditched the whole thing. So now I just have the depression, like stock. I would love to have a full-length matching "floor" in there. Is there enough for that? Even seamed is fine. If so, are you interested? If not, would you please send me the remaining leather at my expense? No rush, of course. BTW, the wheel is wearing very well. No loss of color and very little darkening. I am still very pleased.
    Sure, send me the dimensions of the interior recess and I'll whip something up.

My Cars
    Mazdaspeed3, '99 M Coup
    Quote Originally Posted by moonvan View Post
    Because it needs to be mentioned

wow. Don't need the some of LV trim, but there are some cool ideas there. The dash pods have the same material on them as the glovebox (in the row format too) which looks slick. Any Idea what seats they are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    I have begun getting quotes on getting mine done.

Basically I am mimicking the factory two tone, but instead of the color break, I am doing a material break with black Alcantara and upgrading the quality of my black Nappa. I am going to do silver stitching as well. So just like the OEM color break, the door panels, dash and pods will be done as well. I already have Leather Z Alcantara arm rest, door arm rests and extra material to do the console and shifter surround.

My first quote is $1600 just for the seats.
    I like this idea too and have given it some thought. Maybe my problem is I'm trying to do it on semi-budget by reusing the factory seats and doing limited work to the doorcards.. thats about the quote that I got on the seats as well. The dash and other upgrade is near 1000 alone. That sounds awesome though, I'd love to see it!

- - - Updated - - -

Always loved your interior... gave it some serious thought to go with a full custom black/tan kind of thing, but its probably more than I want to invest as I mentioned above. I think the shrinking leather may not be as much a problem as the sun isn't nearly as intense in PA, and it stays inside... too much :-)

Good to consider though!

My Cars
    z3
    I'll tell you my perfect interior once it's in my car

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    Honestly, the Z3s interior just doesn't scream quality to me. The design is great, but I think the E46 interior is leaps and bounds better than the E36-era.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by cfmistry View Post
    Honestly, the Z3s interior just doesn't scream quality to me. The design is great, but I think the E46 interior is leaps and bounds better than the E36-era.
    I prefer the E46 era interiors (E39, notably) but not necessarily the E46. I think the Z3 interior is better looking than the E46 interior, but the E46 does seem to have higher quality materials. But in a hypothetical perfect interior thread, quality of materials is irrelevant since you can do whatever you want Get the dashboard CNC'd out of a solid block of gold... 50 carat diamond as a shift knob...

This alone makes me dislike the E46 interior... why doesn't the door panel line up with the dash? I notice it every time I sit in an E46 and if I ever buy one, I'm getting the door panels customized to line up with the dash. Bothers me an irrational amount...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    Quote Originally Posted by colemania View Post
    ^ I think it's a leather Z
    MY GOD

you have no idea...

I never knew this thing was actually removable... I've even tried taking it off before...

checked out LeatherZ... squinted hard at this picture....

<the little disc popping out of the quarter slot is an NFC tag not a hyperextended coin bumper, dont worry>

this changes everything ..
    Last edited by poordna; 01-13-2015 at 08:23 PM.

My Cars
    m3 3.2
    Hi guys I have e36 4door m3 enjin parts

My Cars
    m3 3.2

My Cars
    m3 3.2
    How much can I get for a complete cilenderhead and have a std crack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast