Thread: Clear third stoplamp for the M Roadster?

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster

Clear third stoplamp for the M Roadster?

I've seen regular Z3, the Z3 coupes with a clear third stoplamp but never a Z3 M roadster. I googled but could not find a part number so I'm thinking BMW did not make one is this correct?

My Cars
    Z3 3.0
    That is correct for the M roadster. I think there use to be an aftermarket clear lens for that. I can't find anything right now, though.
    -Dustin

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    The reason why is because the facelifted Z3 (non M) uses an LED bar for the 3rd brakelight. M and preface use incandescent bulbs with a red 3rd brakelight lens.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    Are they the same size or use the same plug? Has anybody tried to swop them out (the facelift model with the LED lights for the incandescent)? Or is this just asking for trouble.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    z3
    Just asking for trouble - nothing good could come from that, best bet is to not even attempt it.

Also just saying... the engine in our cars was not hand made, it was mass produced by machines and robots.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!