Thread: The BMW Group, together with Pacific Gas & Electric Company, announces the BMW i Char

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post The BMW Group, together with Pacific Gas & Electric Company, announces the BMW i Char

Woodcliff Lake, N.J. - January 5, 2015 12:00pm EST/9:00am PST … Today at the Consumer Electronics Show, BMW announced the BMW i ChargeForward Program. The pilot study will be undertaken by the BMW Group Technology Office, together with Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E), whose service area covers much of Northern California. Working with a select group of BMW i3 drivers, BMW i ChargeForward will demonstrate how intelligent management of electric vehicle charging can contribute to improved electric power grid efficiency while reducing total cost of electric vehicle ownership. The study has two parts, a managed charge pilot program involving BMW i3 owners and a battery second life energy storage system. In the managed charge pilot program, select BMW i3 owners will allow PG&E to request a delay in the charging of their vehicles by up to an hour, when grid loads are at their peak. The program also includes a “second life” for used MINI E batteries, by repurposing these batteries into a stationary solar-powered electric storage system located at the BMW Technology Office in Mountain View, California.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post The BMW Group, together with Pacific Gas & Electric Company, announces the BMW i Char

Today at the Consumer Electronics Show, BMW announced the BMW i ChargeForward Program.

More...