Thread: 1st BMW on the horizon, couple questions

My Cars
    none so far

1st BMW on the horizon, couple questions

Hello all!
    I am looking at buying a 2011 328i xdrive sedan (6MT) in the near future. I am a long time honda/acura driver so I am used to iron clad reliability and relatively cheap maintenance costs.
    I have heard tons of great stories with regards to this model being extremely reliable, however I have heard some serious BMW horror stories (335i hpfp and the like...).
    I realize the cost of owning a BMW is going to be higher than my hondas/acuras have been, which is fine, I am just wondering if someone can give me an accurate picture of what my annual maintenance costs will be and if there are any specific things on this model I should look for when choosing a used vehicle.
    Also I am looking to buy one under 50000km (I am in ontario canada) and I have heard that a certain year/km of maintenance is included with the purchase when the vehicle is new, can someone clarify that for me?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if I have posted in the wrong spot!

Cheers,

Jaret

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    I don't know if Canadian vehicles also have the maintenance Program, but I do know that Canadian vehicles aren't eligible for Maintenance repairs in the US, but the warranty is valid.

The 328s were pretty solid. Especially with a manual trans.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    OP, if you're serious about the far have a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) performed by a dealer or reputable independent shop that specializes in BMWs. Yes, you're maintenance costs will go up but not that significantly. Keep us posted, please.