Thread: Anyone on Here a Moderator on the Coding Forum?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

Anyone on Here a Moderator on the Coding Forum?

I signed up on there about a week ago (or almost I guess) under the screenname "tjabo." It seems like they haven't reviewed my signup yet so I can't view any of the .PDFs on there. I'd like to get started on seeing what I can get into with my '97 540.

Alternatively, if anyone could PM a mod or admin on my behalf I would appreciate it, I can't send a PM or log into my user profile or anything. I'm stuck! Lol

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can do!

My Cars
    '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5
    Which coding forum?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I think he means bmwcoders.com

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Could be bmwcoding.com too but I think it's the bmwcoders one that has the PDF docs with a restriction.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    You can always ask on here too

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Sorry for the delay guys, I was traveling and not able to get my email for a bit. The coding forum I was referring to is the one rebel.ranter mentioned:

http://www.bmwcoding.com/forum.php

I have been doing some studying from other sources, so I will try to get one of my tuning laptops (old Dells with serial ports) running with INPA 6.4.3, NCS Dummy, and I guess Daemontools DTLite to run the INPA .NRG file, and then I will probably ask questions! Lol

Thank you all for your responses!

EDIT: I just took a look at bmwcoders.com, and it appears to have been taken over by spambots, Lol...
    Last edited by tptrsn; 12-20-2014 at 11:08 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I agree, it looks like there are spam and administration problems on the bmwcoders site, but some info is still available on their forum at http://bmwcoders.com/forum/
    Last edited by David Mc; 12-20-2014 at 05:04 PM.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Thanks guys!

I got INPA and NCS Expert fired up and connected to my car last night, on an old Dell laptop with a real serial port. Now I just need to study up on using NCS Expert and NCSdummy before I start messing with stuff, so I can make a proper backup of existing settings and know how to restore things in case I mess something up.

My forum membership on the BMW Coding forum still isn't approved... Bummer, it looks like they have a lot of great resources over there on restricted .PDFs.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    What PDFs are you looking for? I'm sure between all of us we have a copy (or membership of bmwcoding) so,could sort you out.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Thank you rebel.ranter! At this point I think I am making acceptable progress -- the NCS Dummy user manual is helping me out a lot, but there is a lot of information left there for me to digest.

Once I get a handle on all of that, I do have a couple of specific items I would like to deal with, and maybe someone on here will know what module(s) and command lines I will need to address in my '97 e39 540i/6. They are:

1) I would like to have the ASC set to something other than "On" every time I start the car... Preferably have it left in the last used state, or at least have it in "Off" when the car is started would be nice. I'm not sure if this behavior is configurable, but if anyone knows, I would appreciate it!

2) The door locking behavior of my car is odd. If my driver's side door is open, but I want to use the central door locking button to unlock the doors so another person can get in another door, the central door lock button on the console will not work. I have to close the driver's door, and then in two steps I can a) lock all of the doors including the driver's door, and b) unlock all of the doors so someone can finally get in. If this behavior is configurable to have the central door lock button function more conventionally (at least operate while a door is open), I would be ecstatic! Lol

So if I am not able to get NCS Expert and NCS Dummy functioning soon, I will ask back here for whatever PDFs or other resources I may need, thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by tptrsn; 12-24-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Lost part of my post somehow...

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Have a look at the GM module that your car uses with NCS Dummy. If your car uses the GM3 there is an option for the Central Locking Button to unlock the Passenger door and trunk lid when only the Driver's door is unlocked and open. This option forms only part of the information stored at hex address 03 on the module. I did browse the ASC modules with NCS Dummy, but didn't notice an option to start the car with the ASC disabled.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Thank you for that information, and Merry Christmas down under!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Thank you, and the same to you and all the other Bimmerforums members.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Have a look at the GM module that your car uses with NCS Dummy. If your car uses the GM3 there is an option for the Central Locking Button to unlock the Passenger door and trunk lid when only the Driver's door is unlocked and open. This option forms only part of the information stored at hex address 03 on the module. I did browse the ASC modules with NCS Dummy, but didn't notice an option to start the car with the ASC disabled.
    Ah yes, this change to the central locking is the other minor thing I want to get going on now!

David Mc, have you had any epiphanies on how to set the ASC to normal "Off" condition?

Thanks!