BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS....1988 E30 M3 Henna Red..look!!!

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3

FS....1988 E30 M3 Henna Red..look!!!

I am helping a friend sell his beautiful 1988 E30 M3 Henna red in color..tan inside
    There are over $26K in receipts of parts and worked performed on this car..over and above the cost of the car when he bought it, and not including the labor to R&R and rebuild motor...
    The motor work was performed 5 years ago ( 2009)..all the suspension, brake work , paint work and wheels and tires etc were done recently..
    The odometer has ~ 191K on it....The Carfax is clean, except their was a mileage error reported a few years back when car was stickered., not on the odometer itself.. what was typed in to Registry when being stickered

Here is a list of what was done..

* Engine rebuild with .040 over pistons, 10.5 :1 CR, all new main bearings ( .025mm) , rod bearings ( .05mm), resized rods, resized crank, new oil pump, new chain and timing rails, Head was rebuilt with new valves and professionally assembled
    * New Clutch and resurfaced Flywheel and new Bosch Starter
    * Rebuilt ECU from Vac Motorsports
    * Flow tested fuel injectors, new spark plugs and spark plug wire set and new Fuel pressure regulator
    * New Bilstein Sport shocks, mounts and H&R race springs
    * New Metal Master brake pads and stock rotors, brake flush with ATE super blue and stainless steel brake lines
    * Subframe was dropped at Turner Motorsport and sandblasted and painted black, replaced subframe bushings, rear Urethane RTABS, replaced diff bushings, Left rear axle and Diff oil
    * Replace all Transmissions seals ( selector and output) and trans oil
    * Replaced both front tie rod assys ( Lemforder) front sway bar links and front and rear sway bar bushings and 4 wheel aligned
    * Install brand new Supersprint Race Connect pipe ( $750)
    * Installed E34 rims powdercoated white and new Yokohama Advan Neova Ad07 tires P225 45 17
    * New Windshield
    * Had body massaged and painted by Sublime Restorations in Mass by the best ( Julian Miller) Body and paint work with parts and labor was $10K alone..the body and paint are superb
    * New door seals and window gaskets

What the car needs.. to be perfect...( some of these things are NLA from BMW that is why they are not done.)

* Car has no front reflectors in the bumper ( these are NLA from BMW) I suggest the black BMW decal tape over them, unless someone can find these used in great shape
    * Right front window needs motor ( NLA from BMW..I tried for months to get this for this car)
    * NO radio in car
    * No Interior A pillar trim
    * No side view mirror switches
    * No coin tray in lower center console)
    Just little Interior things that are hard to find ...Believe me I would have rather just got these things and installed, but some is not available and some I just could not find and stopped looking.
    I will list in the next post 5 more pictures showing what is missing..( can only post 5 pics per posting)

The car runs perfectly..it is tight and it feels like new ..It has lot of new parts and all new bushings etc..so it should!!

The owner has available another set of rims and new tires ..that could be swapped out if the white rims are not what you would want..I can post a picture of these wheels if need be

price $36,900.00
    please contact me if you want to discuss this car..

Thanks Marco

I will add more pictures tomorrow.It will not let me add more right now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marc1119; 12-19-2014 at 05:05 AM.
    2008 335I Space Grey,Black leather, Steptronic
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

2011 X3 X-Drive 35i, Mineral Silver, Oyster leather
    Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    E30 M3
    A pillars have value on a 37k car
    Last edited by GoBLue; 12-18-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

My Cars
    skateboard
    10k final offer
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    Azn Ruxury
    This cannot be market value for a car missing parts.

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleis MI it's 8 View Post
    This cannot be market value for a car missing parts.
    I would like some feedback..
    how much less do you think a car is worth missing a radio
    and not having these NLA parts that are keeping the car from absolutely mint.
    The exterior Is mint except for missing 2 front reflectors that cannot be bought.
    the car is mechanically like new..
    the interior is Mint except for the missing few Interior bits..as listed
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1119 View Post
    I would like some feedback..
    how much less do you think a car is worth missing a radio
    and not having these NLA parts that are keeping the car from absolutely mint.
    The exterior Is mint except for missing 2 front reflectors that cannot be bought.
    the car is mechanically like new..
    the interior is Mint except for the missing few Interior bits..as listed
    If you want to sell it for the most that the market will endure, put it on ebay. Your description is good, but you need a whole lot more quality photos to get real attention, but honestly, even in the hyper-E30 M3 market this summer, I'd be thrilled (As the seller) with anything sold price starting with a 3. I sold my Henna E30 M3 last year, I haven't seen another for sale since, it's definitely a rare bird.

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    Pictures are limited to 5 per post 150kb per picture
    the pictures are just representative..someone needs to come
    see the car in person..especially for the price.
    I am not expecting anyone to buy this car from 5 or 10 small photos.
    I can send huge photos to anyone interested..
    The paint work is superb..

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1119 View Post
    Pictures are limited to 5 per post 150kb per picture
    the pictures are just representative..someone needs to come
    see the car in person..especially for the price.
    I am not expecting anyone to buy this car from 5 or 10 small photos.
    I can send huge photos to anyone interested..
    The paint work is superb..
    Then host them on photobucket and you can post as many as you want.

You're going to limit your audience if you expect them to travel come see the car. I bought mine sight unseen from San Francisco. I buy 1 or 2 cars a year, the vast majority aren't the type of car you just find down the street, so you have to trust that you have an honest seller, and can see every inch of the car in photos. I generally always buy sight unseen. You're right that you probably wont' get someone to bite at that price without seeing it, but then again, there's guys like me who may be in the market, but way to busy to travel to go look at a car.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    10k final offer
    Free shipping ?
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    Azn Ruxury
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBLue View Post
    Then host them on photobucket and you can post as many as you want.

You're going to limit your audience if you expect them to travel come see the car. I bought mine sight unseen from San Francisco. I buy 1 or 2 cars a year, the vast majority aren't the type of car you just find down the street, so you have to trust that you have an honest seller, and can see every inch of the car in photos. I generally always buy sight unseen. You're right that you probably wont' get someone to bite at that price without seeing it, but then again, there's guys like me who may be in the market, but way to busy to travel to go look at a car.
    This guy gets it.

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    I get it too..no offense
    I am trying to help sell a car that is not mine
    I notice that those who are not necessarily interested in the car have a lot to say about what others are selling..if you don't want to buy, I understand..
    I would appreciate not trying to spoil my thread and let me see if I can find an interested party.

Being that I was the Service Manager at Turner Motorsport for 5 years and myself and my techs worked on this car mechanically to make it perfect..I know how this car rates against many others I have seen in person.
    I have seen guys pay less than this but by the time they brought the car to me and we made it the way this car is (except for pieces I cannot get)..they had more into the E30 M3 than the asking price of this car.

I am not delusional in my asking price and would consider negotiating with a truly interested party..but one must start somewhere...
    The paint work was $10K alone..I arranged to have it done and I have the receipt..

I have had many E30 M3s come through the shop at Turner..alot of them no one on any forum has seen, so the small sampling you see here FS may or may not be reality on what someone may perceive the value to be.
    I am certain that with over $26K spent on this car after car purchase..the price is either right or very close...

So..all I ask if you are not interested, I do not want you to buy it.. but please do not try to dissuade anyone else who may be a real buyer

someone that is truly interested with seek me out and ask for whatever pictures they want to see in higher resolution. and I will accommodate best I can..

thanks!!!

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    97 Estoril M3/4/5
    Upload your images here. No registration required. http://imgur.com/

jmargo is offline Guess who's back ? Moderator
    My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    No longer available...
    Sias Tuned, Vortech Blown, 3.2L S52...456WHP/360WTQ

Sias Tuning | HowertonEngineering | Davis Motorsports Club