BAVToys

Thread: 03' 330i low beam, high beams, and fog lights dont work at all

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330i

03' 330i low beam, high beams, and fog lights dont work at all

First I am very new here so forgive me if im asking something that someones already asked but I couldn't find this exact problem anywhere on here. I have 03 330i it has the xenon headlights with adaptive control thing. The low beams, high beams and fog lights have not worked since I bought the car (thought it was easy fix so bought it anyways. Next time i'll do my homework a little better). The only lights I can get to work are the passing lights. Didn't want to just start replacing parts hoping I get the right one as I don't have the time or the money to do it this way. is there something that controls both the low beams and high beams at the same time besides the lcm? I don't think that both ballast and or ignitors would fail at same time. I did however purchase the pa soft 1.4 scan tool and hooked that up today. Didn't know what I was really doing or looking at even for that matter. both low beams showed a fault code not sure how to read it or fix it tho. any help would be most appreciated and thanx in advance.

My Cars
    e36 - 1998 323is
    Not sure if you did this already, but you should post this question at http://www.e46fanatics.com/
    E46 dedicated webside.
    1998 323is - m50 intake manifold / 328is exhaust / Shark Injector

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    You should realize that because you have xenon headlights, your "high beam" lights, the ones toward the center grills only come on for flash to pass. Your high beams will come from your low beams, the xenons. When you flip the stalk for high beams, it opens up the flaps and lets the full light of the xenons out.

Since your flash to pass lights come on it's most like either a fuse, or the ballasts or the bulbs that are dead. I would check the fuses first, then the bulbs.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i 6/speed
    My LCM IIIhas gone bad. I bought a used LCM III with same part number. From what I understand the vin and mileage will need to be changed to my car but will it need to be coded as well? Can I chane vin and mileage with PAsoft as well as code it? How does that work? Any help is needed and very appreciated.