Thread: Just an introduction

My Cars
    1991 318is 2000 stang gt

Just an introduction

I am new here and planning on building a 1991 e30 318is. Need some opinions and tech assistance...such as engine swaps and parts lists.

Thank you all for input in advance

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by 91e30project View Post
    I am new here and planning on building a 1991 e30 318is. Need some opinions and tech assistance...such as engine swaps and parts lists.
    That is the most vague inquiry I have ever seen my entire time on these, or any other, forums. Almost sounds like you plan on building a 318is from scratch! Surely, you'll need a lot of parts for that!

Welcome

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1991 318is 2000 stang gt
    318is is my base. I am looking for opinions on a build such as what engine and trans combo and if needed a rear end change...Don't know how else to put it

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Hi welcome!
    What's your budget and goal? 318is is a nice car from the factory already.
    Post pics and take a look in the E30 sub of the site of course...!
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Dude, go search on R3V, more info on that site than you could ever read.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1991 318is 2000 stang gt
    Thank you all....sorry for such a low rate intro...not to sure the etiquette for forums such as this

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Thank you all....sorry for such a low rate intro...not to sure the etiquette for forums such as this
    Not sure it's really an etiquette problem, more that you said "Need some opinions and tech assistance...such as engine swaps and parts lists." which can mean anything and everything under the sun. What is it you're looking to swap in? A Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke? V12 from a Murcielago? Provide some specifics on what you're looking for and people might be able to at least point you to current discussions already taking place. Other than that, use the search tool, or heck, there's an entire section called "Engine Conversions"; go there and go to town! As someone else mentioned, R3VLimited is a community dedicated to E30s, also a good reference.

Oh, and welcome!

My Cars
    1991 318is 2000 stang gt
    I guess my biggest dilemma is v8 or straight six...I have ideas about suspension and braking. I am looking for the biggest bang for my buck...Not so many BMW's in the Tucson area that are built not bought. What will fit? What will put fear into the heart of a vtec? I have multiple resources as far as help with welding and paint as well as drivetrain if adjusting is needed. This is my first build with german so I do not want to screw it up.
    Last edited by 91e30project; 12-14-2014 at 10:32 PM.

My Cars
    NONE
    Hi welcome, I'm also new here andlike you i need some inputs on what im planning to build.

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Quote Originally Posted by Vague Nelson View Post
    Hi welcome, I'm also new here andlike you i need some inputs on what im planning to build.

Mang, you're even worse than the OP
    Fixed your name.

Welcome, but I don't think people will be able to tell you what you are planning.
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    I guess my biggest dilemma is v8 or straight six...I have ideas about suspension and braking. I am looking for the biggest bang for my buck...Not so many BMW's in the Tucson area that are built not bought. What will fit? What will put fear into the heart of a vtec? I have multiple resources as far as help with welding and paint as well as drivetrain if adjusting is needed. This is my first build with german so I do not want to screw it up.
    I think most people will tell you that for an E30 your best bet is going to be an I6 build (whether newer BMW, or 1/2JZ). Check out the Engine Conversions subforum or jump over to R3vlimited

My Cars
    1991 318is 2000 stang gt
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxDreamer View Post
    I think most people will tell you that for an E30 your best bet is going to be an I6 build (whether newer BMW, or 1/2JZ). Check out the Engine Conversions subforum or jump over to R3vlimited
    Thank you...I would like to keep it BMW I like the I6 because there is some room for forced induction which is what I was planning anyhow...thank you again