Thread: BMW VIN decoder

My Cars
    M54 3.0i

BMW VIN decoder

Hello guys,

I used to go to online BMW etk to lok at the equipment of a car based on the VIN
    http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html

It turns out they seem to have removed the option to do that, a couple of weeks ago. You used to be able to click at "options" or "equipement" once you had filled the 7 digits of the VIN of the car.
    Doesn't work anymore.

I know other sites like BMW vin decoder http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
    but it does not always show the full information.

Do you have the same issue? Any other way to look at that?

Thanks
    '01 3.0i Roadster Oxfordgrün II beige leather - Bilstein B12, H&R Sway, CDV delete
    '02 3.0i Shoe
    Sterlinggrau with extended beige leather 1/1 (euro market) - Sunroof delete, Bilstein B12, Remus exhaust, CDV delete, Short shift
    Past 01 E367 2.2i Oxfordgrün II - 02 M Coupe S54 - 02 E367 3.0i Sterlinggrau - 01 E368 3.0i Oxfordgrün II - 02 E367 3.0i Saphirschwarz - 01 E367 2.2i S.E. Titansilber - 01 E367 3.0i Estoril

My Cars
    z3
    I use the BMWarchive one, your second link. Has always worked fine for me, but maybe I've never seen a "full" VIN build sheet to know what I'm missing

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    M54 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I use the BMWarchive one, your second link. Has always worked fine for me, but maybe I've never seen a "full" VIN build sheet to know what I'm missing
    Basically this website extracts from BMW's ETK the vin information. They must have a script or similar that, that works quite well in fact. But in some cases you just don't get all the information. It happened with a friend's M roadster. on BMWarchive there was barely information on the car, and on BMW etk the full thing.
    '01 3.0i Roadster Oxfordgrün II beige leather - Bilstein B12, H&R Sway, CDV delete
    '02 3.0i Shoe
    Sterlinggrau with extended beige leather 1/1 (euro market) - Sunroof delete, Bilstein B12, Remus exhaust, CDV delete, Short shift
    Past 01 E367 2.2i Oxfordgrün II - 02 M Coupe S54 - 02 E367 3.0i Sterlinggrau - 01 E368 3.0i Oxfordgrün II - 02 E367 3.0i Saphirschwarz - 01 E367 2.2i S.E. Titansilber - 01 E367 3.0i Estoril