Thread: Dice Mediabridge Display Issues on Nav screen with MK4 2000 740I

My Cars
    2000 740I sport

Dice Mediabridge Display Issues on Nav screen with MK4 2000 740I

I have a 2000 740i which came with a MK2 and 4:3 screen. In 2011, I installed a Dice Mediabridge. It has worked flawlessly since then. However, earlier this month, I purchased a 16:9 screen and MK4 unit from ebay, and since the MK4 install, I have had really annoying display issues. Basically, when I'm viewing the regular radio screen, the track name (from USB from iphone or sirius) is cut off in many places and illegible, and it says "Track" over the track name. There was no problem when running the 16:9 with my MK2. I tried turning off scroll mode, changing the display mode on the mediabridge, and changing the dip switch settings, but no combinations helped. The only way I can view anything properly is if I turn on the radio, then open the GPS menu, and then hit the track change forward and then track change back button on the steering wheel. In other words, I can only view the song name properly when in a split screen situation.

I did a lot of research and this issue has been mentioned on several forums. Long story short, the issue can be solved by upgrading the radio module to a Becker BM53 model. WHY? Why can't a simple firmware fix solve the issue? Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue without spending 300+ dollars on a BM53 radio module?

Thank you

My Cars
    01 Dinan 740iS, 97 318ti
    That is the very reason I got rid of my Dice unit a long time ago. They have never come up with a resolution to this issue and the fact that it worked with your MKII is pure luck.

When I had mine, this issue was discussed with Dice Electronics in detail and they never fixed it. So BM53, MKIV, OEM Sirius, and Intravee II with Alpine KCA-420i for ipod and all works perfectly. Not cheap, but I'm happy with the setup.

GSXRliterbikz is offline Addict Number 45573... Moderator
    My Cars
    01 740iL, 04 X5 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by 740iSport303 View Post
    That is the very reason I got rid of my Dice unit a long time ago. They have never come up with a resolution to this issue and the fact that it worked with your MKII is pure luck. When I had mine, this issue was discussed with Dice Electronics in detail and they never fixed it. So BM53, MKIV, OEM Sirius, and Intravee II with Alpine KCA-420i for ipod and all works perfectly. Not cheap, but I'm happy with the setup.
    Ditto.
    Love this setup

My Cars
    BLK 01 sp, 20 Trail Boss
    I have the same setup and I have been right to Dice and the guys came out to my car and they think they will overcome it with a software upgrade. That was 2 years ago and it still has the same thing going on and I have done every upgrade they put on their website. Fortunately I don't care because I'm usually driving and everything else works perfectly so I'm not reading the display. I like my MKIV map when I drive and I usually have that on the screen or the whole thing off. It's weird sometimes it goes for days with everything on the display right................

My Cars
    2000 740I sport
    Quote Originally Posted by 740iSport303 View Post
    That is the very reason I got rid of my Dice unit a long time ago. They have never come up with a resolution to this issue and the fact that it worked with your MKII is pure luck.

When I had mine, this issue was discussed with Dice Electronics in detail and they never fixed it. So BM53, MKIV, OEM Sirius, and Intravee II with Alpine KCA-420i for ipod and all works perfectly. Not cheap, but I'm happy with the setup.
    Right, but if I got a BM53 radio module, all the display issues (at least the one's I'm experiencing) would disappear, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setconstr View Post
    I have the same setup and I have been right to Dice and the guys came out to my car and they think they will overcome it with a software upgrade. That was 2 years ago and it still has the same thing going on and I have done every upgrade they put on their website. Fortunately I don't care because I'm usually driving and everything else works perfectly so I'm not reading the display. I like my MKIV map when I drive and I usually have that on the screen or the whole thing off. It's weird sometimes it goes for days with everything on the display right................
    Yeah, I found posts back to 2007 describing the same issue. Dice never fixed it. It really doesn't make any sense why this happens though. I feel like it can be fixed with a simple software/firmware upgrade.

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Mine had display issues too. They went away with the BM53. But I went OEM Sirius and Bluetooth anyway. I still use the media bridge for usb and aux or Bluetooth streaming. It works fine for that and I get all the correct text with the BM53.

My Cars
    E31 CSI E38 750. F01 B7
    Same issue here.. Mk2 worked great with Mediabridge. Upgraded to mk4. Went crazy. Been wanting to upgrade to bm53, but wanted confirmation before shelling out the $$. Is this a definite solution or a maybe?

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by 79howard View Post
    Same issue here.. Mk2 worked great with Mediabridge. Upgraded to mk4. Went crazy. Been wanting to upgrade to bm53, but wanted confirmation before shelling out the $$. Is this a definite solution or a maybe?
    I wish I could say it was definite it worked in mine when I went to the BM53. I had the Mkiv before with the c43 and it was spotty at best. But others results may vary.

My Cars
    BLK 01 sp, 20 Trail Boss
    My car came with the BM53 and it still has the Display problems .......

My Cars
    E31 CSI E38 750. F01 B7
    Quote Originally Posted by setconstr View Post
    My car came with the BM53 and it still has the Display problems .......
    Grrrrr this is what I want to avoid.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRliterbikz View Post
    Ditto.
    Love this setup
    yes LOVE this set up Best advice I took from NICK
    I have not update my intravee since 2 yrs ago Nick what the new update
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    01 Dinan 740iS, 97 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    yes LOVE this set up Best advice I took from NICK
    I have not update my intravee since 2 yrs ago Nick what the new update
    I haven't updated my Intravee in a couple of years either. Guess I had better figure out the goodies that come with it. Do need to also do the change with the Alpine unit to keep the ipod alive. Have mine in the trunk and it works great, but if I don't use it for four days, I have to go turn it on again.