Thread: 750iL suddenly sluggish

My Cars
    1991 BMW 750iL

750iL suddenly sluggish

First let me explain what my car is doing and hopefully you can tell me what I need to do. The car sat up for a year(1) without driving and after I cranked it up (for the first time in 25 years) the check engine light came on. So the local mechanic claims it has low compression because it takes off slow and needs time to build up compression to pick up speed. He changed the Oxygen sensors, the distributors, coils, and plugs yet it still has a very slow takeoff. It didn't have this problem until it sat up for a year. Does anyone have any solutions? I don't have the money to rebuild the engine right now.
    Dallas

1991 750iL V-12

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    You need a new mechanic buddy.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    E39's, E53, E60.........
    I agree^^^, your mechanic does not sound too smart.

My Cars
    z3
    So the car had a CEL and the mechanic said it was for low compression?

Thats cool.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '15 I01Rex , '11F25
    Assuming its an M70(?) 12 cyl, and it sat for a t least a year I probably would have tried to get some fresh fuel in it, also would clean the throttle bodies as that's a common issue and smoked for air leaks in the induction system, sincerely doubt it had anything to do with the O2 sensors. , At this point there is also a chance that the cats are now clogged as that system has a whole seperate battery to heat the cats. The only real way to be sure its compression related is to do a compression test, and if it passes that, the next step would be a leak down. Tests should be done before spending that kind of money. If it sat for a year did an animal build a nest in the airbox?