Thread: noobie non Beemer owner..

My Cars
    88 foxbody...

noobie non Beemer owner..

Noob...
    looking for my next DD
    Drag racer... designer... pretty good with making anything go fast!

Thinking a 135i or mini s for the next DD and here to learn about them

My Cars
    its a BMW
    Well, sounds like a boy racer. Whatever bmw you get, please keep it clean and don't rice it out.
    No dumb stickers, dumb exhaust, or very loud colors. Simple and clean. Start with an e30 and build from there.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by srtthis798 View Post
    ...learn about them
    Don't ask my why, but the motorcycles are referred, by enthusiasts, as "beemer", and the cars as "bimmer".

Really.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    88 foxbody...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikonan View Post
    Well, sounds like a boy racer. Whatever bmw you get, please keep it clean and don't rice it out.
    No dumb stickers, dumb exhaust, or very loud colors. Simple and clean. Start with an e30 and build from there.
    Not my style... already have a race car. 88 lx mustang built c4 trans full manual valve body trans brake nitrous car. And I pit crew for an x275 turbo 99 cobra.

Back when I had my lightning I looked at a 98 m3 but couldn't fit both in the budget

My Cars
    88 foxbody...

clean simple... fast

Last edited by srtthis798; 11-21-2014 at 09:56 AM.

My Cars
    its a BMW
    I take back my boy racer statement. You actually race. Very nice fox..... if it wasn't a bimmer, it'd be a fox
    That lightning is very nice. I have the m112 SC I'm thinking of throwing on my m20. Maybe, maybe not.

My Cars
    88 foxbody...
    That m112 is nothing but a big ass heater. Unless you can fit an intercooler in with it it's going have stupid inlet temps

My Cars
    its a BMW
    That m112 is nothing but a big ass heater. Unless you can fit an intercooler in with it it's going have stupid inlet temps
    Is it now? Hopefully I can make something work

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    A 135i is a good car to start with. With a simple tune they can get to some pretty high power levels very easily. The beauty of factory turbos that are quite conservatively tuned.

Welcome to the forum.

If you have any specific questions the folks around here are pretty good at sorting things out.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    88 foxbody...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikonan View Post
    Is it now? Hopefully I can make something work
    I've seen some guys use water meth injection to help cool it but that's not something I'm a fan of. Seen guys hit them with a 50 shot pre blower and pre MAF to trick the computer and help a little with cooling. Also not a fan of.

My biggest suggestion would be trying to make an intercooler fit. Depending on what application the blower is from you may be able to bolt it right to the bottom of the blower.

My Cars
    z3
    I've seen some guys use water meth injection to help cool it but that's not something I'm a fan of. Seen guys hit them with a 50 shot pre blower and pre MAF to trick the computer and help a little with cooling. Also not a fan of.

My biggest suggestion would be trying to make an intercooler fit. Depending on what application the blower is from you may be able to bolt it right to the bottom of the blower.
    An intercooler is child's play compared to the capability of what water and meth injection does. Intercoolers keep the intake charge cool, water and meth lower the effective octane of the air/fuel mixture, safely allowing increased boost. Water and meth injection is pretty big in the BMW community as N54/N55 engines take to it rather well

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    I'd stay away from the Mini. FWD doesn't quite sound up your ally.

The 135 (or for a little more money 335 for that matter) would be a great car for you. You can get 400 to the wheels pretty easily and conservatively. I'm sure you know this by now, but they aren't cheap cars. You can push the N54 pretty hard, but if it goes bang it will be more expensive than an American V8.

My Cars
    88 foxbody...
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    An intercooler is child's play compared to the capability of what water and meth injection does. Intercoolers keep the intake charge cool, water and meth lower the effective octane of the air/fuel mixture, safely allowing increased boost. Water and meth injection is pretty big in the BMW community as N54/N55 engines take to it rather well
    I know how it works and what it does... issue comes when you start leaning on the tune up. And you miss on the blend...