Thread: M4 Driver Needs to take it easy

My Cars
    no

M4 Driver Needs to take it easy

Well, it's been a LONG time since I logged in here and/or owned a BMW. I spend my time now riding motorcycles.

This weekend I was out riding Redwood Road in Oakland, CA. I was taking it easy and enjoying the lack of traffic.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I get an M4 driver blasting by me, over the double yellow, in a left hand turn. I am not opposed to passing slow drivers/riders over the DY, but I prefer to do so in safe places. I also always move over, be it in a car or on a bike, for those who want to pass. My ego isn't what is bothered here, but the fact that we've lost a few riders on Redwood Road from moves like this.

I don't have anything against cars enjoying the same roads motorcyclists do and understand there are asshole riders as well. But this was a shitty pass, through and through.

While posting on a local riding forum, some folks have been able to track down who this driver likely is. Not sure if he's a member around here, but this type of pass/driving shouldn't be condoned.

http://youtu.be/PsWCDAVQgHE?list=UU7...KBisYjIvsMoWcQ

Quote Originally Posted by CalculatedRisk View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/clyde.wiltchamberlain
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/clyde-autin/6a/446/5bb
    http://www.yelp.com/user_details?

My Cars
    E36/4/5
    Rubbin' is racin'

In all seriousness that was a pretty shit pass...

My Cars
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by r33p04s View Post
    Rubbin' is racin'

In all seriousness that was a pretty shit pass...
    If we were racing, I'd have been a bit less surprised by his pass. But I was just taking it easy as it was the first part of my ride that morning and that road is chalk full of cyclists. It's very easy to come around a corner to cyclists 3 wide, going 9mph. I love a spirited pace and blasting the twisties, but this is a bad and dangerous pass through and through. As I said, I don't care if someone is faster than me, I'll gladly move over. I always choose to ride my own ride.

My Cars
    z3
    I drive like a total jerk but that is WAY overboard tbh... extremely risky.

ON the other hand, those brakes seem really powerful! I can see why all the magazines have been raving about the brakes! Sheesh!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roadster
    Don't know who that is but they will kill someone driving like that. Passing into a blind left hander on a double yellow. Not good at all.

Marc

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    The lic plate in the video looks like the one on the car in the photo you posted. I don't guess a Euro plate ending in 53_ (the numbers I could make out in your video) on a white M4 in your area are common enough that there is more than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    The lic plate in the video looks like the one on the car in the photo you posted. I don't guess a Euro plate ending in 53_ (the numbers I could make out in your video) on a white M4 in your area are common enough that there is more than one.
    It was who I suspected it to be.

I posted the video in a thread of his on Bimmerpost and he admitted it was him and apologized for the shitty pass and unsafe driving. He seems to actually be taking everything to heart and I hope he takes it easy out there.

Thread here;

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1046623&page=2

My Cars
    E36/4/5
    And they say drivers are douches

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Good lord that was way unsafe. Same as you I do not mind if someone wants to drive aggressively... so long as it's done with some degree of respect and thought for other's safety.

Glad to see he had the maturity afterwards to admit it was a bad move though. Rather rare
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by r33p04s View Post
    And they say drivers are douches

Huh? I am douche?

My Cars
    E36/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEaR View Post
    Huh? I am douche?
    Shit I think I have a disability that causes me to forget to type in words to make complete sentences...insert 'bmw' in there somewhere

My Cars
    z3
    Glad to see he at least owned up to it. To what extent he really meant it is to be determined but glad to see him taking ownership of his mistake and not just saying it was the motorcycle rider's fault or this or that. The real test will be next time hes on the roads... will he be blowing by people again eating his words or standing by what he said?

I do find it interesting that he says on the other board he was behind the motorcycle for 3 minutes, if so then why did he wait until a blind turn like that to dive in and overtake you?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Glad to see he at least owned up to it. To what extent he really meant it is to be determined but glad to see him taking ownership of his mistake and not just saying it was the motorcycle rider's fault or this or that. The real test will be next time hes on the roads... will he be blowing by people again eating his words or standing by what he said?

I do find it interesting that he says on the other board he was behind the motorcycle for 3 minutes, if so then why did he wait until a blind turn like that to dive in and overtake you?
    Yeah, he wasn't behind me for 3 minutes.

Read my post here;

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...&postcount=212

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    What I don't get is why he continued in the wrong lane into the turn? Passing on a double yellow...done it, but only when I have visibility. Looking at the vid I can't see anywhere where that driver can expect to be in anything but a blind curve and even when he finishes the pass he stays in the bloody lane! It's just too bad a delivery truck wasn't coming the other way...though a head-on might've endangered the motorcyclist depending on where the car ended up.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.