Thread: Ceika Brake Kit Review

My Cars
    2008 BMW

Ceika Brake Kit Review

I purchased a 6-pot brake kit that included crossed drilled rotors for my 2008 5-series.

The Good. They are incredibly good-looking brakes and are about 40% cheaper than Brembos. If you are just looking for aesthetics then these are likely a "good enough" choice.

The Bad. First, I think they cut quality in order to control costs. I used them for some hard driving on some mountain back roads and the amount of brake fade was staggering - so bad that I did not feel comfortable driving with them. I had gone down the same road many times with the stock calipers and rotors and never had a problem. Also, I believe that if I had continued to use them, they would have boiled the brake fluid. Second, while I was promised "perfect fitment" by Ceika, these brakes did not fit perfectly. I had to shim the brackets so that there was proper clearance - and the bolt-holes were too small so I need to drill those as well.

Net / net: I strongly recommend that you do not purchase these brake kits. I actually took them off my car and reinstalled the stock calipers. I should have just purchased the Brembos.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Sounds like a poor pad choice... a pad that is not up to the thermal load will fade quickly and boil the brake fluid easily. Never heard of Ceika before.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    93 DSP 325i, 04 ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Sounds like a poor pad choice... a pad that is not up to the thermal load will fade quickly and boil the brake fluid easily. Never heard of Ceika before.
    One thing I think that should be said here is that brakes should never be skimped on. I actually hear good things about a KSPORT BBK, if you want to go with something other than brembo/stoptech. I know a couple of guys that used it in enduro racing and no issues and didn't even need to switch pads! Glad you weren't hurt!
    IF I HAD ALL THE MONEY I'VE SPENT ON CARS, I'D SPEND IT ON CARS.
    1993 325i/4: Weekend Warrior and DD on AST4150 Shocks, Swift springs and a handful of other goodies. STX/DSP SCCA Race Car, and BMWCCA 6M hoon mobile!