Thread: What made you to choose BMW?

My Cars
    I have nothing

What made you to choose BMW?

Hi, I'm a student major in industrial design.

I'm preparing a presentation about BMW, so it would be kind of you to let me hear your opinion.

Among 3 German auto brands(BMW, Benz, Audi), what made you to choose BMW?

Is there any peculiar attraction of BMW? What makes BMW special?

I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

My Cars
    z3
    BMWs to me are the best driving cars of any of the premium German brands, and as someone who owns their car for the experience and not the associated status symbol I appreciate the driving dynamics. I also think they look better and sound better than their rivals. I love Audi interiors at night, the lighting is very nice, but Id still take a BMW.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2016 BMW M4 Cabriolet
    I love the feel and way they drive, the looks, and the quality.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    in the early 90's I test drove a A4 , C class & 3 series. I bought the 3 series for the road feel. I hope most car manufactures designs are based on function over form.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    1991 325i
    I was broke in high school and needed a car, a friend sold me an e30 for about 500 bucks.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    BMW makes the z4.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

I have had the others. Driving the BMW seems to be better quality for the buck.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Bought myself an e36 m3 back in the day as my first car. It was just a great all around car back then. I wasn't around huge fan of audi/benz back then.

However when I was getting my m235i it came down to the wire.

I was looking at an s4/s5 or cla45 amg. The benz people were pricks, audi was just way too high on the lease rates and well I loved the way the 2 series drove and that it was smaller. My coworker has an s5 and I like that car alot, but they are just ridiculously expensive. For getting it with decent tech etc it is upwards of 60k.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    1997 328is
    BMWs came into my life at the impressionable age of 12, when my dad got a new E39. Getting a new car was a pretty major thing, since my family tends to hold onto cars. My dad deemed Mercedes to be too pretentious and Audi to be too unreliable.

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    I actually only chose E30 after driving one 14 years ago for the first time.
    After that all pre-90's bimmers grew on me quickly.
    Fact that I don't like the newer ones doesn't have much to do with bmw. I just dislike most newer cars in general.
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    E36/4/5
    I drive like an asshole.... I love what Benz is doing with their new cars and their interiors... I prefer 3 pedals in smaller ultimate driving machines if I had the money for a bigger body it would be Benz or nothing... A toy would be filled by Ferdinand's product

Fingerblasting my iPad

My Cars
    VW TDI and Dodge Dart
    Quote Originally Posted by ukkim View Post
    Hi, I'm a student major in industrial design.

I'm preparing a presentation about BMW, so it would be kind of you to let me hear your opinion.

Among 3 German auto brands(BMW, Benz, Audi), what made you to choose BMW?

Is there any peculiar attraction of BMW? What makes BMW special?

I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

There's an assumption there that BMW buyers cross shopped their cars with other German brands. In my case, I was pondering either a 3 series or a Mustang. While Mustangs have a bit more power, the BMW gets the edge for comfort and handling, as well as being easier to find a well cared for example in my price range.

I wasn't particularly interested in Mercedes (most of their cars are more luxurious than sporty) or Audi (concerned over reliability at any example I could afford).
    Matt Cramer
    1997 BMW 328i convertible, 1972 Chevy C10 pickup, 1966 Dodge Dart slant six
    BMW - where "Why doesn't everybody build cars the way they do?" meets "Why can't they build a car the same way everyone else does it?"

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    My family started with BMW because well, you can't get a Jag fixed anywhere near here. My mother wanted an XJ badly but settled for an e38, of which she fell in love with. My parents were just coming off a 10 year run of owning 1980s Mercedes.

My particular attraction to BMWs is that they are brilliant to drive. I am a fan of the 1990s- very early 2000s BMWs which were the the peak of understated, classy, yet aggressive clean styling, they are beautiful cars. That generation of BMW also strikes the perfect balance of technology to analog feel. I love my 2002 M5 because it is one of the last analog cars where very little in the way of computers actually controls the way you drive. If you want to turn off the electronic nannies they can be turned off in a click of a button.

As to the other brands listed. I once got a chance to drive an Audi S5, it was a nice car, it drove great and I could picture enjoying it quite a bit if I owned one. From what I have seen BMWs are much easier to work on, it is as if BMW engineers put thought into how something might need to be fixed if a problem occurred. They are very easy vehicles to work on, most everything is conveniently placed.

Mercedes Benz, they were ugly for a long time. It is my opinion that the last good looking Benz was made in the 1980s, back then they were beautiful, classy, understated cars, much like BMWs of the 90s. Also my families experience with Benz dealers leaves a lot to be desired, possibly the most arrogant group of people in the car business, with prices to match the inflated egos.

From a styling stand point this is how I stack up the 3 big German makes.
    1980s - Benz
    1990s - BMW
    2000s - Audi
    There is some soft edges to that list with overlap but that is how I would explain it.

Good luck with the presentation!
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    F10 530d & E34 520I
    I have grown up with bmw so it could not be a one other car for me. But I have had both VW and Audi, and driven most other manufacturers but nobody can beat BMWs driving experience. I owned a 2006 Audi A6 which was very unreliable, it broke down all the time. So I bought a 2008 E90 325 that I owned for 3 years without any problems, maybe the best car I have owned. Since I have only driven BMW, they have the best design, superb handling, excellent quality, reliability and the fact that I feel at home behind the wheel of a BMW

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    I feel like a traitor, my family comes from the Stuttgart area, Schwaben (home of Mercedes and Porsche) and here I go driving a Bayrischer Mist Wagen...

My Cars
    01M5,72TA,06LBz,850,540m
    To me BMW is 95% as good as benz without being pretentious. Most BMW owners that own them after the first 4 years actualyknow and love their cars.

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Well seeing an E39 and finally riding in one in the 90s had me hooked. Mercedes and Audi are nice, but too much fwd and V6s there. Love a good RWD straight 6.

Nice materials, solid and a car you can throw into corners.

My Cars
    E21 320i, 300CE
    i remember growing up to the E21's and e30's . Most of them back in my home country were modified and had some nice wheels/look/sound.I always hear them revving their engines on traffic lights, and once it turns green they floor it! i used to commute between cities just to watch bmw's in drifting events.Ii even used to stay up late with friends on weekends at specific roundabouts just to watch them drift late at night !and finally i was able to own one ! i had a 323ic then M3. i guess these are my reasons for choosing Bmw. however ,my second option is a Mercedes. we own a 1979 W123 and she is still super solid !
    Last edited by zeezo85; 11-13-2014 at 03:59 PM.

My Cars
    bmws ;)
    I was going back and forth with purchasing my second car after my original toyota camry went up. I later then test drove 240sx as it was a popular sports car with reasonable market and price tag. Well, the owner sold the car before I got back the next day. My uncle then recommended me to search through craigslist, in which i did and he pointed out an e36 on the second page. My initial thoughts were expensive to maintain, and it's on the second page, it's probably sold. Long story even shorter... we called, we met and i loved the driving experience, it was easy to understand to work on for myself, and seemed unique. I purchased through the recommendation of my uncle that it would be an all around established automobile for my driving needs. I was later then side smacked and spun around quite a few times into the middle of the road and i felt safe throughout the entire contact. So aside from it working as a personal vehicle it stood in a time of safety in where I'm pretty sure in the 240 i would have lost a lot more then the car. I've continued to purchase and interact with many other bmw models, the community is very rewarding. I love those in the community that are positive and likeminded as muah. Probably put too much but theres more reasons I could add in which some are stated above.

did not proof read this so don't shoot me lol

My Cars
    BMW
    Back in 1996 when I was stationed in Germany, a guy came to work in a E30 M3 that he was selling for a buddy of his. I worked in the back taxi-ways so I took the car for a quick spin and fell in love instantly. I knew from there I wanted an M3.
    Since then I have done research and put aside some money to get exactly what I wanted. When the E46 version came out I was even more excited to get one. Eventually, everything fell into place and ended up getting it. I love the handling, the sound, the look.... etc. It’s just a great package. Minus the maint. cost which is why I do almost all the work myself. By now, I know my car inside and out. Shame on those that don’t do this...

That’s my story

My Cars
    M3, 525i
    As a kid growing up a family down the street had a couple of e30's and eventually put them up for sale. I was 13 or 14 and had I been closer to 16 my father would have bought one of them for me. I had always loved the classic german looks but I loved that BMW was the sporty make with which I could get one with a 5 speed. I eventually got a jeep wrangler as my first car and although I loved that jeep I always felt like I need for fun and sporty was lacking. A friend of mine had a 318ti that he got from someone who auto-x'ed in it so it was lightly modified. At the time I didn't know much about the difference in motors (m42, m50, etc) but I knew after riding in and driving that little hatch that I was hooked, the way it sounded, the way it could be thrown into corners, everything about it. Shortly after that, my jeep kicked it, I was in college and my father agreed to help me with a new (to me) car. I found a 318i on eBay in my hometown so I went home and checked it out, test drove it and worked out a deal to end the auction early so I could buy it. Unfortunately, after about 2 months of ownership I was very dumb and reckless and on a very early Friday morning I put it into a tree going somewhere north of 70mph, not wearing a seatbelt. I woke up in the passenger seat, the car was looked like a crushed soda can, I had to kick the door open but I walked away with some cuts and a broken collarbone. From then on I not only loved BMW for its performance, but also because one saved my life from myself.

After replacing the wrecked 318i I got an old beat up e30 that I drove until it wasn't road-worthy anymore, then I bought that 318ti from my buddy and loved that car. I've since bought an M3 and also a 5 Series. I own other makes as well and would consider an older Audi 90 now that I don't need to rely on one as an everyday driver.

I actually also own a 1989 Mercedes Benz 300TE, great car for hauling shit and it has super cool factor but it is as slow as can be.
    2004 BMW 525i - Daily Beater

The Toys/Projects:

1996 BMW ///M3
    1994 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Range Rover Classic SWB
    1987 VW Scirocco 16V

My Cars
    2020 Mercedes S560
    It was one of the best driving cars I have ever owned as long as it was not in the shop.

My Cars
    See sig. & avatar
    I currently own 3 BMWs - just recently replaced my e90 with a 2014 428i, which is just a gorgeous car to look at and to drive. I also have a 2000 323it for hauling dogs and stuff and a 2003 330i which I consider to be one of the best cars ever made.
    In the past I have owned just one Mercedes, never owned an Audi although I have always considered both and road tested both when it has come to replacing my main car. I think all three brands have extremely good products. The latest Audis are beautifully styled, and the recent Mercedes models are also much prettier than they used to be. In terms of quality I don't think there is a lot to choose between the three brands. So why do I stick with BMW? I am a little afraid of the reliability of the others, especially electronic issues, and most of all I think the overall driving experience is more satisfying in a BMW.
    [IMG][/IMG]