Thread: Finally here!!!

My Cars
    2003 BMW E46 Coupe 325

Smile Finally here!!!

Hey guys,
    Have always browsed these forums when I was in need of advice and have finally decided to make an account. I own a E36 as well as a E46 which I recently purchased. Just gonna post here for the mean time guys, but do any of you know why I would be having trouble flashing my tune onto my E36, I have used multiple cables and programs and it doesn't seem to work?
    Thanks

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Welcome to the forum.

What type of tune and what software and cables do you have? I know nothing about this subject but that is information that others will need to know in order to help.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    2003 BMW E46 Coupe 325
    Using a tune that a friend made for my, he suggested that I use Galletto and I have OBD 2 to usb cables, pretty generic as they were off ebay.

- - - Updated - - -

and thanks for the welcome btw

My Cars
    z3
    Welcome to the forum

Regarding your friend's tune, shouldn't your friend have the resources to help, or at least know what you need? And if not, why are you trusting his tune in the first place? Not trying to be a jerk but, a tune is not something to be taken lightly, it can cause major problems with the car and if it was just a friend who did it, not someone reputable, I would be VERY careful.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2003 BMW E46 Coupe 325
    Sorry, he is currently away atm so I will not be able to get some advice on it for a while so that's why I came here I guess. He has done quite a few and has a tuning business as a project/second job on the side so I have trust in him, he was just a bit rushed I guess before he went away.

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jackwille46 View Post
    Sorry, he is currently away atm so I will not be able to get some advice on it for a while so that's why I came here I guess. He has done quite a few and has a tuning business as a project/second job on the side so I have trust in him, he was just a bit rushed I guess before he went away.
    Scammer. Don't buy from him. Trust me!!!!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by e46tknv View Post
    Scammer. Don't buy from him. Trust me!!!!
    Good on you for trying to warn the community that he was a scammer and not to buy from him, you may very well have saved someone a headache. But he was banned already so at this point its a little redundant.

The best thing now is to figure out how to prevent people like this from being involved in the community. Scamming is becoming a bit of a problem. Maybe changing "License Revoked" to "Verified Scammer" and also limiting access to the F/S threads until 100 posts may be an idea. IP banning people who scam and scamming any associated e-mails with their accounts. Need to be tough on these type of people imo.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Good on you for trying to warn the community that he was a scammer and not to buy from him, you may very well have saved someone a headache. But he was banned already so at this point its a little redundant. The best thing now is to figure out how to prevent people like this from being involved in the community. Scamming is becoming a bit of a problem. Maybe changing "License Revoked" to "Verified Scammer" and also limiting access to the F/S threads until 100 posts may be an idea. IP banning people who scam and scamming any associated e-mails with their accounts. Need to be tough on these type of people imo.
    Yea I wish I knew he was banned before anything.

Oh well.... Thankfully I sent money as a transaction.