Thread: Finally got the e39 lowered after having the springs in my trunk for 5 months!! Pics

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)

Cool Finally got the e39 lowered after having the springs in my trunk for 5 months!! Pics

HERE IT IS, I threw the H&R springs on, along with KYB struts and bearing plates, total is was 1.3 inch front and .75 inch rear. All I wish is that the rear was another 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower, but a full tank will fix that. The ride quality is great, little sharper than the non sport stock suspension, but drives just like a stock sport package . Very Happy with the car now. I didnt like how much it came up with the 540 M parallels. Now its at schwabby getting a 4 wheel alignment. Found a broken rear sway bar end link, anybody heard of these things breaking? I ordered a pair from Bavarian Motorsport they were cheap but I was surprised to see it busted in half.

A before Pic

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the pics are so huge, not quite sure how to make them smaller like if I were to figure out how to make a sig...

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to ask as well, has anybody ever removed the window trim ring? I want to paint or plastidip the chrome trim around the windows and the front grill to make it look like a proper sport. Should i remove it or would plastidip do fine with it on the car? Im concerned removing it may bend it or break the clips. Anybody done it? I know I can remove the interior pieces on the tops of the door panels but I have never used plastidip before.

My Cars
    z3
    Look up shadowline for answers on painting your window trim. Its been done many times before. You can do it in situ or remove them.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

H&R are excellent quality so you shouldn't have any issues with them. I've been running my H&R's for over 7 years now on my E39 Touring. Another alternative for the de-chroming of the window trim is to have them vinyl wrapped. Ultra fast, quick, easy, no mess and relatively affordable now that there's quite a lot of places who can do the work for you. I've had my trims done this way and it's perhaps coming up to 6+ years since having them done and they're exactly how they were the day it was applied.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Thats a fantastic idea. Ill call around to a few of my vendors since im in the business and see if they do vinyl wrap. I should have my roof done as well. Looks like in your sig your touring has the lid wrapped too. I wasnt even thinking that so thanks again.