My Cars
    2011 BMW E93

Purchasing M3 Today - 2 Questions... Please Help

Hello Everyone, bit of a noob here, so appreciate any help
    and advice you can provide.

Tomorrow I am set to purchase a 2011 M3
    Convertible
    from a wholesale dealer. The carfax all
    checks out, and the car has 30,600 miles, so warranty remains for the most part
    of 5 more months, or 19K miles.

I have contemplated already doing the
    extended warranty...

So my questions:
    1. Since the car has warranty
    on it, should I still be taking the car for a pre-purchase inspection?
    Located near the car I have three options for pre-purchase inspection, do you
    recommend a dealer or private shop for this type of inspection?
    -BMW Dealer
    of Morristown
    - A nearby personal automotive car repair shop. ( I have two
    close I found on Bimmershops.com, anyone used them before? one has reviews
    (good), other has none :/)

Any other suggestions I should look out for
    during the purchase?

Once again, appreciate any help anyone can
    provide!

Thanks!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    The ppi is always a good idea. The dealership or independent should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2014 Toyota Corolla S
    Yes on PPI.
    2006 Z4 Black/Black-Sold
    2002 Z3 Black/Beige-Sold
    2004 Imola Red/Black M3-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Gray M3-Sold
    1999 Alpine White/Mulberry M3-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by stephen barry View Post
    Hello Everyone, bit of a noob here, so appreciate any help and advice you can provide. Tomorrow I am set to purchase a 2011 M3 Convertible from a wholesale dealer. The carfax all checks out, and the car has 30,600 miles, so warranty remains for the most part of 5 more months, or 19K miles. I have contemplated already doing the extended warranty... So my questions: 1. Since the car has warranty on it, should I still be taking the car for a pre-purchase inspection? 2. Located near the car I have three options for pre-purchase inspection, do you recommend a dealer or private shop for this type of inspection? -BMW Dealer of Morristown - A nearby personal automotive car repair shop. ( I have two close I found on Bimmershops.com, anyone used them before? one has reviews (good), other has none :/) Any other suggestions I should look out for during the purchase? Once again, appreciate any help anyone can provide! Thanks!
    dude I wouldn't buy a convertible. They're heavier, slower, and they flex more around corners. They also don't look as good and break fire often. Lastly, you can't track them

My Cars
    2015 WRX, Bmw s1000r
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalentine96 View Post
    dude I wouldn't buy a convertible. They're heavier, slower, and they flex more around corners. They also don't look as good and break fire often. Lastly, you can't track them
    This isn't relevant to anything he has asked. If he asked "What are some reasons to buy a couple or sedan over the convertible or downsides to buying a convertible and why..." then you could chime in.

Dealer ppi and if it checks fine, go for it. Not sure what an 11' wholesaler owns this for, but these have come down in price due to the new model..maybe another year : )
    -Xtremsiege2-

Quote Originally Posted by xtremsiege2 View Post
    This isn't relevant to anything he has asked. If he asked "What are some reasons to buy a couple or sedan over the convertible or downsides to buying a convertible and why..." then you could chime in. Dealer ppi and if it checks fine, go for it. Not sure what an 11' wholesaler owns this for, but these have come down in price due to the new model..maybe another year : )
    it's relevant because I'm telling him not to get one because of those downsides you moron. It's a forum, I'll chime in whenever I goddamn well please.

My Cars
    supercharged 97 m3
    The issues with convertibles are the same for all convertibles, but they still sell.
    Not everybody is tracking there cars, hence the popularity of the 2 door, four door and vert.
    If the price is right, I'd love a vert....I'd track the E36 and enjoy cruising!

I personally have the E90 DCT and love it, despite not having the lower centre of gravity with
    the carbon fibre roof (saving a whopping 25 lbs).
    Always do a PPI, you can never be too certain something hasn't been missed.

Cheers
    Insufficient funds...