Thread: Remote Entry System

My Cars
    '91 e31 M70

Remote Entry System

My key fobs are crumbling. Was looking into replacement and came across this remote entry system - http://unitedautosecurity.net/Keyles...-P4915833.aspx (no affiliation). Anyone use this system? Looks "plug and play" with the exception of getting the keys cut. Any other system that you recommend?

My Cars
    '91 e31 M70
    Anyone?

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    We don't know what model you have!

Why not just replace the key bodies - empty bodies are available from Ebay - more info here:

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/Key/Index.htm
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    The UAS things are not "plug & play" but there isn't too many wires to hook up. They work, but do a search here for the CORRECT wiring, 'cause the instructions they send with the kit are wrong.

My Cars
    850i, Z3 2.3, X5 4.8is
    Sweet! So much cheaper than trying to source and retrofit the stock system
    Live, Love, Life, Amazing...

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    FWIW, I got my replacement master key from Charlie at Gault for like 30 shipped. Might consider it.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    I have Viper 2 way alarms, Taps in the same way as oem except much more modern with several more advanced features including motion intrude attempt video and getting alerts via remote is very nice! All oem alarm features arm with the Viper remote as well.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by adwebinc View Post
    My key fobs are crumbling. Was looking into replacement and came across this remote entry system - http://unitedautosecurity.net/Keyles...-P4915833.aspx (no affiliation). Anyone use this system? Looks "plug and play" with the exception of getting the keys cut. Any other system that you recommend?
    Yes, I installed the UAS system a couple of years ago and it works great. For the most part, it is "Plug & Play" except it does require a bit of soldering (at least it did on my '91) as I had to add the connection for the pin #'s 8 & 9 (I think) as my car had nothing plugged into them previously. I also got the "Power Window/Comfort Locking Module" which cost extra when I got mine, but it looks like it is included now. This will roll up all the windows and close the sunroof when you lock it with the remote. You will also not need the LED they include because the factory LED works with the system. They also make it with a "Flip Key" if you prefer that. Someone commented about the instructions being bad, and I would agree with that assessment, the first time I hit the "Lock" button on the remote, it unlocked all the doors and opened all the windows and sunroof. After I stopped laughing, I switched the wires on the 8 & 9 pins and it has worked perfectly ever since. If you go this way, assuming that your car does not have the chip in the keys which I think is on pre '96 cars, you may want to have UAS cut the key blades for you as mine cost about $40 ea. to have done locally.
    Good Luck,
    Dan M.