Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dohickey for the Coupe roof - PN if known?

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe

Dohickey for the Coupe roof - PN if known?

At the rear of the long plastic/rubber roof line insert for the coupe roofs, there is a little plastic insert that caps off the long strip. Found the realoem page for the long strip, but nothing on the little caps. Anyone know what the PN is? It has a left and a right one, looking for the right hand one.
    Arrrrggghh!

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...39&hg=51&fg=20

- - - Updated - - -

Caps off the 'roofledge' in the diagram... PN?
    Suck, bang, blow - that's what it's all about.

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    I've been looking for 3/4 of a year now; unless you find a used one, they're only available as part of the entire (long) strip.

Randy sent me a pair off a 3 or 5 Series Touring (wagon) but they're not the right ones either (at least now we know for sure).

As soon as the budget allows it, I'll swallow hard and go ahead and order the entire strip...

I need the RH one too, so if you find a couple of them, please keep me in mind.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    The ones I sent were from a E39 sedan. The wagon roof line isn't as angled, so there is still "a chance"

- - - Updated - - -

The E46 sedan and wagon is totally different

/.randy

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    The ones I sent were from a E39 sedan. The wagon roof line isn't as angled, so there is still "a chance"

- - - Updated - - -

The E46 sedan and wagon is totally different
    Okay, good for that. And as always, thank you for the ones you sent!

I'll send these back to you__I don't see an E-39 sedan/wagon in my future__but they're gloss black now...

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    I knew mine looked unfinished, but I didn't know what really went there...
    Anyone have a picture of what we're talking about?

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    All coupe owners are required to have a E39 wagon, specificly a 540iT. There are times when the E39 forum looks more like a Z3MC off-topic. And don't worry about those. the car they came from has long since been flattened.
    Last edited by rf900rkw; 10-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.

/.randy

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    All coupe owners are required to have a E39 wagon, specificly a 540iT. There are times when the E39 forum looks more like a Z3MC off-topic. And don't worry about those. the car they came from has long since been flattened.
    Yeah but see, I'd want to put coupe (as in longer) doors on it, and make it look like a Nomad/Safari. Pretty sure I wouldn't live long enough to get a project like that__cool as it would be__finished

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    I knew mine looked unfinished, but I didn't know what really went there...
    Anyone have a picture of what we're talking about?

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Whoops, I meant does anyone have a picture of the trim cap?
    Last edited by BenFenner; 10-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    No kidding - the whole bloody strip?? $82.00 to replace an at best $0.15 part???
    I still have the original, it kinda popped out when I was washing the coupe this W/E. Before I Krazy Glue it in place ( since the little snap klip part of it broke off ) you guys know a rapid prototyper who might want to take a whack at these?

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
    No kidding - the whole bloody strip?? $82.00 to replace an at best $0.15 part???
    I still have the original, it kinda popped out when I was washing the coupe this W/E. Before I Krazy Glue it in place ( since the little snap klip part of it broke off ) you guys know a rapid prototyper who might want to take a whack at these?
    Not offhand, but I've certainly given the idea some thought already! For something like this, a 3-D printer would be an xlnt choice!

Also, seems like it's always the RH one that's missing__on Donny's Coupe too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    Whoops, I meant does anyone have a picture of the trim cap?
    Yeah, well I kinda DON'T HAVE ONE to take a picture of!

My Cars
    02 AW M Coupe
    Also need the right hand side. Would probably prefer a set though - for color matching purposes.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Might contact Sky to see if he can fab one up and 3D print it since he has the contacts. I know he made the ///M 12V plugs from 3D printing.

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    I might just try and copy one in Sugru . http://sugru.com/

/ '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Not offhand, but I've certainly given the idea some thought already! For something like this, a 3-D printer would be an xlnt choice!

Can't flip-flop dude come up with something from his bag of tricks?

Also, seems like it's always the RH one that's missing__on Donny's Coupe too!
    That was a big selling point when I went to look at my coupe, it had both caps!

/.randy

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    That was a big selling point when I went to look at my coupe, it had both caps!
    Should probably go ahead and superglue those in apparently.

Next Schuh they may disappear

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    For some reason, everyone seems to have an issue with the right side only.
    I still haven't found a wagon in the salvage yard since I found one of mine missing to see if it is indeed the correct part. There used to be two or three at a time about a year back!
    -Donny

My Cars
    z3
    Ya'll talkin about these things??

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Yep, the frontal impact must've sealed yours in...

Do YOU know anybody with a 3-D scanner/printer???

My Cars
    z3
    Yep, the frontal impact must've sealed yours in...

Do YOU know anybody with a 3-D scanner/printer???
    Must have

And yes, I do. They are figuring out the seatbelt guides for me right now. I... suppose ...I could get some of these made too, but the company I work with specializes in metal parts and I dont think we would want these in metal? Has anyone contacted Tyler to try to get some of these made? He would be my first thought when it comes to getting these done. If we want em out of metal, if someone sent me some I could get em done. Not willing to take mine off my car though - I'm afraid they would never stay put once I put em back in if I took em out.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Took a closer look today, and I'm only missing the driver's side. So I guess I didn't need pics.

On a related note, if you guys just hang out in OT more you'll be able to afford $85 each.
    Last edited by BenFenner; 10-28-2014 at 11:56 AM.

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    $82.95 each. Right side and left r 2 diff pn.

/ '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    I do have a pair of Roofledge like my other millions of parts as spares I may send them whereever wanted. If combined with other parts shipping would also be combined
    @Tripfcr
    1998 M Coupe
    : (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355x32mm Front & Mono4 332x32mm Rear Full Floating BBK

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by cemalakcal View Post
    I do have a pair of Roofledge like my other millions of parts as spares I may send them whereever wanted. If combined with other parts shipping would also be combined
    Well, I only need the RH end piece, and Ben needs the LH, so we could share a set. It's one of the few remaining details on the Zoran-Jen Coupe that I'd like to rectify, if you consider us worthy...

(please don't make me beg )

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Well, I only need the RH end piece, and Ben needs the LH, so we could share a set. It's one of the few remaining details on the Zoran-Jen Coupe that I'd like to rectify, if you consider us worthy...

(please don't make me beg )
    No begging Randy mail me the details cemalakcal hotmail
    @Tripfcr
    1998 M Coupe
    : (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355x32mm Front & Mono4 332x32mm Rear Full Floating BBK

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Wasn't it the OP who wanted the passenger's side?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast