Thread: EWS 3.3 delete or bypass ??

My Cars
    hiss by my window

EWS 3.3 delete or bypass ??

Has anyone actually DONE THIS?
    I have a near free e38('98 740il 9/97) giving codes 39 & 204. Cranks, no start. No fuel pressure, no spark. My research indicates the EWS and DME are out of sync. Car would start before battery was disconnected.
    Given the value of these cars a tow and even a minimum diagnostic fee will make this thing a part out.
    I'd prefer to get it running again but it has rust and doesn't merit much investment.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    z3
    A tow and a little diagnostic time is enough to make you part it out?

May as well part it out now then... what happens when you fix the EWS/DME issue and then it needs brake pads or a vacuum hose?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    A tow and a little diagnostic time is enough to make you part it out?

May as well part it out now then... what happens when you fix the EWS/DME issue and then it needs brake pads or a vacuum hose?
    Once and if running it will be sold on. These cars can be bought all day long at auction for $500. That much can be spent in a dealer's shop before lunchtime.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Mine as well part it out... If someone actually posted how to bypass ews I'm sure thieves would be more great full than you.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by modular93fox View Post
    Mine as well part it out... If someone actually posted how to bypass ews I'm sure thieves would be more great full than you.
    nobody steals these things anymore