Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M Roadster Notchy Transmission

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    No Al, this is the flex line to the slave cylinder.

/.randy

My Cars
    z3
    I just did my clutch and now am realizing part of my problem was probably the hose. Guess I'll dig back into it and throw a steel braided hose in there... if that doesn't fix it I'm doing shift pins and some better fluid.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    Is the line in question here the one that goes from the clutch pedal to the brake reservoir?
    I don't think that line sees pressure, and just provides fluid to the master cylinder. The pressurized line that swells is the one from master to slave.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    No Al, this is the flex line to the slave cylinder.
    Thanks Randy.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0
    Thanks Randy, if the CDV only affects engagement mine is fine. I like the way it engages, very smooth and forgiving. I was not sure so my brain was rattling alterior motive. This makes perfect sense.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Completely anecdotal (possibly ignorant) observation: I got my car with 12k miles nearly completely stock. It was occasionally hard to shift into first at a stand-still. After replacing fluid with Amsoil synchromesh, I don't recall it being difficult to get into first - though memories are fuzzy. With fresh (presumably OEM) oil, braided clutch line, and replaced shift pins there is absolutely no difficulty getting into first.

Also, regarding notchy shifting, the only time I notice anything but a wonderfully smooth shift lever action is when I've not matched revs well. If I've overshot my downshift the car lets me know. Conversely, if I've not let the motor slow down enough for an up shift I get similar feedback. It still shifts but, it lets you know that it's working to compensate for your actions.

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe
    I had the problem shifting into 1st when hot with my last MRoady. It. Was a 2000 model with only 42k miles. tHe problem was the clutch line swelling. My current 2002 MRoady has a problem with 2nd to 3rd quick shifts and everything else is ok

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3 1.9 Hellrot
    Does the shift pin issue apply to 1.9s as well? Or is the shift pin setup different on these?

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by caglar View Post
    Does the shift pin issue apply to 1.9s as well? Or is the shift pin setup different on these?
    I believe it's limited to the ZF gearbox from 6 cylinder cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12