Thread: My 2 supercharged e28s m535i

My Cars
    2xe28 m535i

My 2 supercharged e28s m535i

HI everyone these are my 2projects completely different set ups and drives but roughly the same power the d reg one is undergoing a transformation as we speak

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    Nice and love those Euro bumpers.
    Vortech V2Ti Rebello Racing M62 4.9L E34. Not a race car, but a fun car.

[IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    00 328Ci, 06 M3, 01 325i
    Wow, super clean! I love em..!
    2006 M3 ZCP/6MT AW/IR - Vorsteiner Dual-Side Dry CF GTR Hood + CSL Trunk + Diffuser + Roof + Mirrors + Sideskirts, VAC CF CSL airbox + bored ITB's + Valvetrain Stg3, SS Ver1 Stepped Headers + Akrapovic Ti exhaust, KW Clubsports + Hotchkis sways + UUC/AKG/RE/TMS PowerFlex bushings and mounts, Mason F+R steel strut braces + rear brace, Zionsville rad + Stewart pump + Samco hoses, TMS Pulleys + VAC Dampener, Beisan full VANOS, Recaro Sportster CS CF seats, UUC EVO3 SSK+DSSR w ZHP knob, OE CSL CF Interior, UUC Stg1 DM Clutch+FW 23lb total w SS line, Performance Friction Monoblock BBK (4p 358x34mm 2pc front + 4p 355x32mm 2pc rear, slotted) w SS lines, Volk TE37SL 19x9f 10.5r, ARC-8 18x10f 10.5r, BBS LM 19x9.5f 10.5r, and more...
    2000 328Ci 6MT/ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HK Topaz Fully-Built motor w 11.5psi ESS Lysholm blower @ 10.5:1 CR, OS Giken 3.15:1 LSD w 6MT... 419rwhp/392rwtq 93oct and 2972lbs... Nothing is stock.
    1999 M3/2/6 Alpine White w Euro S50B32 + 6MT,
    ?t="[/

My Cars
    E28
    Beautiful cars. Specs on the engine?

My Cars
    2xe28 m535i
    The d reg car is running a ms1 with 30lb injectors with a decompression plate set @8.1 with a six branch manifold and full system eaton m90 running 6psi and a 75bhp of nos but is undergoing a charge cooler set up with water injection

My Cars
    2xe28 m535i
    And the b reg is a almost standard high compression engine running a rotrex charger with a custom intercooler and pipe work and a g tech pro x ecu

My Cars
    2xe28 m535i
    I've just built a stage 3 head to fit on the dreg car and hoping to turn boost up to be near 350bhp

My Cars
    2xe28 m535i
    This was my first dyno with mega squirt hoping to make a lot more power this time as car had massive air leaks and my bypass valve wasn't working properly

My Cars
    M3 w/Gt35r
    What color is that?

My Cars
    2005 330Ci ZHP
    Car looks great!

My Cars
    e32
    Nice, hp must go above 300!

My Cars
    1985 e28 M535i
    Alright fellas , I'm new on here so hello to you all, apologies in advance if I make a tit of myself as I'm new to forums as well as BMW's. I have just picked up on the supercharger thread and am pretty interested as I have picked up an 85 e28 m535i , all in pretty good order (79k on the clock ) .
    I've been working through it putting right all the dodgy bits and it all pretty much works now and is running well.
    So , inevitably I'm now looking into squeezing a bit more juice out of the m30 if I can .

Bungles27 , I've been looking at your SCer setups and really like the look of your Breg setup for its relative simplicity.( I say simplicity as if I've done heaps of supercharging - which I haven't so feel free to put me right whenever )
    Turboing a RHD seems like a ball ache what with the steering box/manifold issues and your Rotrex unit seems to all fit in neatly with what I imagine to be less hassle.
    A few queries if I may,
    -Have you gotten rid of the AFM altogether or is it hidden down low somewhere?
    If you don't have it at all , how do you manage the fuel - i.e what sends the signal to the ECU .(and how does this plug in ?)

-Do you have a bypass setup (as on the Dreg ) for low rev's, or do you somehow manage to get around this another way?( cant see any bypass tubing in the pics)

-Finally (sorry for the essay ) now you,ve been running this setup for a while have you found any major issues like idling problems or anything related to normal road use that is a pain in the arse (Mine will be for road use only )- seen lots of info/builds for turbo's but just wondering why there aren't so many SC's , as yours looks great and it seems like a less hassle way of gaining a decent chunk of power.

I'm pretty keen on your SC setup but want to check that it is in the realms of reality for me to do myself as I have a car which is now running really well (albeit standard)
    and from the little experience I have , I am aware that it can be a fairly short step to ending up with useless bag of bits if I go in with a head full of HP figures and no real clue of how to achieve them .

Again apologies if any of my questions are somewhat dim-witted but i'm still at the paint by numbers stage .
    Any info much appreciated.
    cheers