Thread: Picture heavy S52 ///M Coupe Photoshoot

My Cars
    1987 BMW 635CSI

Picture heavy S52 ///M Coupe Photoshoot

My friend Tyler has owned this car for a few years now, and every so often he changes things up. Each new "phase" I think is just as awesome as the one before, and the things that he has developed for the car create really nice details. Here are some photos of the last few phases and where it currently sits...

Previous stages of the car's life... Awk. by Ricky Shull, on Flickr OEM. by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

And here is is now. Painted rear spoiler, 18x10.5&11 BBS Style 5. The other changes he custom built, including the front splitters, side skirts, rear diffuser, and the mirror delete. The "War Paint" graphics in the last phase of the car were also done by him. Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Follow on instagram, nice! But why the pass mirror delete..?

My Cars
    1987 BMW 635CSI
    Quote Originally Posted by ticklemejoviemo View Post
    Follow on instagram, nice! But why the pass mirror delete..?
    It's mostly just for looks, as without the mirror it really shows how the lines of the car flow.

My Cars
    '01 Z3Coupe, '03 325xi,
    Impressive ! Love the different looks !

My Cars
    z3
    Looks quite odd to me without the mirror I must say but really gorgeous car, very well done.

Was the mural on the hood painted on, or vinyl? I've been considering wrapping one of my cars in clear 3M and painting it so I'm curious how he accomplished that. I think my favorite iteration was either with the mural or the M stripes.

Hard to tell from the pics, is this a double staggered wheel setup? Looks like maybe 17" front 18" rear?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1987 BMW 635CSI
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Looks quite odd to me without the mirror I must say but really gorgeous car, very well done.

Was the mural on the hood painted on, or vinyl? I've been considering wrapping one of my cars in clear 3M and painting it so I'm curious how he accomplished that. I think my favorite iteration was either with the mural or the M stripes.

Hard to tell from the pics, is this a double staggered wheel setup? Looks like maybe 17" front 18" rear?
    It was painted straight on to the hood, with no vinyl or clearcoat protecting the silver paint. It's a good thing to have multiple hoods

The wheels are staggered 18x10 and 18x11.5

Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Looks good! Love Tyler's creativity and artwork....now, when are those side skirt extensions going to be sold to the public?

/
    //

My Cars
    z3
    He seems to be a phenomenal artist. I assume hes got the painted hood hanging up on display somewhere now. Beautiful work on the hood as well as all the iterations of the Coupe. We need more posts like this Cheers

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1987 BMW 635CSI
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    He seems to be a phenomenal artist. I assume hes got the painted hood hanging up on display somewhere now. Beautiful work on the hood as well as all the iterations of the Coupe. We need more posts like this Cheers
    I believe the painted hood is up in his home for now. I'll make sure everyone stays updated with this car, because it's always something new with each phase!

Quote Originally Posted by Msilvia View Post
    Looks good! Love Tyler's creativity and artwork....now, when are those side skirt extensions going to be sold to the public?
    They should be available very soon. The skirts on the car right now are the final prototype, and the production version will be nearly if not completely identical. The front splitters are currently available as a pre-order, but I'd encourage you shoot them an email at info@donewhenimdead.com for a definitive answer.

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    Car looks beautiful!

My Cars
    01MCoup-02WRX-04MCS-86TV
    all the thumbs up!

1999 - S52 - E36/8 - Alpine White over Imola Red

My Cars
    01 LSB M Coupe K60070
    Awesome...
    Sweet

My Cars
    00M Coupe & e30
    Looks awesome. I think the delete is kooky on the right because most of the old school cars that came with only one side mirror had it on the passenger side and not the drivers'.

My Cars
    997TT
    love the art, cool car... but wheels don't fit.
    My Rides: 2007 911 Turbo - 2000 Cherokee
    Sold: 2011 M3, E46 M3, 1998 M Roadster

-Jared

My Cars
    1987 BMW 635CSI
    Here is preorder info for the splitters
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiedog View Post
    Looks awesome. I think the delete is kooky on the right because most of the old school cars that came with only one side mirror had it on the passenger side and not the drivers'.
    This is incorrect. Old cars that only have one mirror have it on the driver's side. The idea being that over the shoulder will give you an ample view of the pass side of the car whereas the driver's side is harder to get a clear view of. I know this because I own a car old enough to only have one side mirror and it is on the driver's side.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Looks like I'll have some things to get painted over the winter...

And get this damn wing to somehow fit correctly

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Need to get the rear hood bump stops a little lower. The hood creases don't quite flow perfectly into the door