Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motion Motorsport

My Cars
    E36-M3 E90-335 E70-4.8

Motion Motorsport

I did exchange some emails recently with one the guys about some missing HW/questions for my under panel I haven't installed yet and they did take a day or more to respond but were very helpful.
    Last edited by MAK3N3; 10-13-2014 at 01:18 AM.

My Cars
    98 332ti
    The SSi Stealth Underpanels from Bimmerworld are NOTHING like the JT designs OR the Motion stuff. Don't let anyone mislead you into thinking "ANY" of the aluminum sheet metal underpanels are worthy of putting on your BMW. In a crash, they bend, they tear, and they vibrate at a different frequency than the plastic they are attached to, which then causes the many non-automotive fasteners to come loose, and they quite frankly look odd on a car not normally acquainted with stock-cars. "IF" you like your BMW looking like a BMW, and are tired of seeing, what's supposed to stay attached to your bumper cover to protect your engine drive assembly end up on the side of the road, then put something on it that looks like it belongs there; the SSi Stealth Underpanel from www.Bimmerworld.com. P.S. Read the reviews. P.P.S. Feedback Score. P.P.P.S. SSi Stealth Underpanels from Bimmerworld = 100% Made in the USA.
    Last edited by FitzRoger; 12-02-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    ..............Form following function; the true pathway to beauty..............

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzRoger View Post
    The SSi Stealth Underpanels from Bimmerworld are NOTHING like the JT designs OR the Motion stuff. Don't let anyone mislead you into thinking "ANY" of the aluminum sheet metal underpanels are worthy of putting on your BMW. In a crash, they bend, they tear, and they vibrate at a different frequency than the plastic they are attached to, which then causes the many non-automotive fasteners to come loose, and they quite frankly look odd on a car not normally acquainted with stock-cars. "IF" you like your BMW looking like a BMW, and are tired of seeing, what's supposed to stay attached to your bumper cover to protect your engine drive assembly end up on the side of the road, then put something on it that looks like it belongs there; the SSi Stealth Underpanel from www.Bimmerworld.com. P.S. Read the reviews. P.P.S. Feedback Score. P.P.P.S. SSi Stealth Underpanels from Bimmerworld = 100% Made in the USA.
    Did you have too much caffeine? My car has had an mm panel for roughly 4 years and it still looks oem. All of the oem mounts are still there regardless of the frequencies lol

You sound like a BW salesman or something.

The front bumper is very sturdy with the mm panel. It protects my engine bay very nicely

My Cars
    1995 LS1 M3, 2001 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    Did you have too much caffeine? My car has had an mm panel for roughly 4 years and it still looks oem. All of the oem mounts are still there regardless of the frequencies lol

You sound like a BW salesman or something.

The front bumper is very sturdy with the mm panel. It protects my engine bay very nicely

Either that or he works for SSi...lol

He was just spewing this garbage in another thread about under panels. SMH

EDIT: Im going to go with that he is either the creator of the product or knew the creator:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-on-the-Market

WOW

In fact he seem to have made quite the habit of posting in regards to the under panels.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...4#post26870994
    Last edited by kc jr 54; 12-03-2014 at 01:20 AM.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Is motion still making these? Haven't gotten a response from emailing.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzRoger View Post
    LOL.

m3_crashed.jpg

This is what my M3 looked like after going off track, over a small ditch and sideswiping a berm. Ripped the front lip off completely, broke most of the sideskirt clips and pushed the passenger side fender in. Bumper got pushed up so much it bent the inside of the nosepanel on that side.

Damage to the MM underpanel? the 4 plastic framerail inserts pulled out. Which MM replaced for free after I offered to pay for them.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    Yes, they are. Purchased and installed mine a couple weeks ago and I love it
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    95 M3/2/5, 96 Acura TL
    I ordered one on Monday and it shipped today.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Sweet, thanks! Going to place my order, tired of my JTD folding under the bumper at high speed.

My Cars
    1995 LS1 M3, 2001 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Crustashio View Post
    LOL.

This is what my M3 looked like after going off track, over a small ditch and sideswiping a berm. Ripped the front lip off completely, broke most of the sideskirt clips and pushed the passenger side fender in. Bumper got pushed up so much it bent the inside of the nosepanel on that side.

Damage to the MM underpanel? the 4 plastic framerail inserts pulled out. Which MM replaced for free after I offered to pay for them.
    Damn aluminum can material is stout now-a-days !!! lol

A testament to MM in quality and customer service for sure though.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by kc jr 54; 12-03-2014 at 04:46 PM.

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Is the LTW front splitter compatible with the MM undertray, or is it one or the other?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been looking at getting the LTW which is roughly the same price as the MM undertray with splitter package. Which is the better solution overall??
    If the mind can conceive it, & you believe it, you will achieve it. - Napolean Hill
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1998 Alpine White & 1998 Arctic Silver ///m3/4/5
    JC Intake - ASC Delete - Dinan TB - Flow Matched 21.5# Injectors - JC Tune - SS Euro Reps (modified to retain SAP) - z3m ssk - Eisenmann Race 76mm - Yokohama Advan S2 - Squared LTW's - FK Silverline +X - Rogue FCAB/ RTAB/ RSM/ TM - X-Brace - CDV Delete -Racing Dynamics F&R Strut Braces - NGK BKR6E- German Castrol 0w-40

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    No one with experiences to compare or considered the same two options?
    If the mind can conceive it, & you believe it, you will achieve it. - Napolean Hill
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JC Intake - ASC Delete - Dinan TB - Flow Matched 21.5# Injectors - JC Tune - SS Euro Reps (modified to retain SAP) - z3m ssk - Eisenmann Race 76mm - Yokohama Advan S2 - Squared LTW's - FK Silverline +X - Rogue FCAB/ RTAB/ RSM/ TM - X-Brace - CDV Delete -Racing Dynamics F&R Strut Braces - NGK BKR6E- German Castrol 0w-40

My Cars
    97 E36 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by hide1 View Post
    Not sure if this is what your asking about, but my track car is equipped (now) with the LTW rear wing; Motion underpanel (modified) and the Max Velocity GTR front lip. The LTW based on my track setup DOES work. My 1st track experience with it was at California Speedway. High speed banked turns (#1 & 2) the car stuck very well. I was able to dive to the bottom of the track and hold full throttle. Car stuck so well that I need more HP to be able to accelerate and actually pick up speed

That was in combination with the Max Velocity lip.....All I will say is Mehe...It works, but the construction and durability isnt very good. I recently considered going with the Motion splitter combo, until I saw it at a track day earlier this month. I want a splitter that will be solid and not flex. The example I saw was not that one I am looking for. I would add turnbuckles to it or any other splitter and that MIGHT cure some of the flex.

The Motion panel IMHO is BAD ASS. I have don things with it to make other mods work, had it in place all season (2,000 miles of track duty) supporting an oil cooler and brake ducting, no issues at all with some slight reinforcement. The re-enforcement is only needed to to the extra weight/force that is placed on my setup.

Not sure if that helps or not. Good Luck
    97 Artic Silver E36 M3 Coupe; Track RAT (Thanks to Irish M3 for the guidance)
    Full Track suspension via TC Kline; TMS and BW; BFG R-Comps; Custom Splitter made by Amir; 3.64 LSD 40% Lock-up; 24lb inject; M50; Dinan TB; 803; 3.5" CAI; Supersprint LTH & AA 3" race exhaust; S54 oil pump combo; BW fuel starvation kit; tuned by Epic Motorsports (thanks to Randy Mueller...253/242 on race gas via DynoJet)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bimmerchallenge/

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Yeah that's helpful, but I was referring to the LTW front lip splitter. I like the sturdy construction and the way it steps, (is higher in the center and lower on the sides) but I'm not sure there are any significant cooling benefits and it doesn't look like it would work with the motion underpanel.

On the other hand the mm underpanel is probably better for cooling and I like the radiator baffle but I'm not wild about their splitter. Decisions decisions..

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Do you have a ltw front splitter? You should try installing one. You'd have to make custom mounts but it's worth a try.

Then I could get one

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Yeah I think I'm going to do it. No custom mounts, just the oe mounts. Will cross my fingers and hope the mm underpanel can be cut to allow the ltw mounts pass through clean.

My Cars
    1995 LS1 M3, 2001 750iL
    I encourage anyone considering an underpanel to not buy a product that has money going to an individual like FitzRoger. His only real posts on this forum are concerning the SSi underpanel, and his sales tactics are of such i will be sure to never purchase one. Though having a MM, i never will have to buy another

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/se...archid=3050536

YAHTZEE:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...14#post7374214

WOW, what a piece of work....pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    '80 WBA/'98 WBS/'06 WBA

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Too bad he's not using his own product on the car pictured in his sig.

My Cars
    Mulitiple

Motion Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by hide1 View Post
    I had a MM under panel on my car.
    I tapped the tires at VIR and bent the MM underpanel beyond the point of fixing.
    I just bought the SSi underpanel from bimmerworld. We'll see how it is but I expect it be pretty much the same as the MM panel.
    They are both pretty much the same thing. One is a type of plastic the other is aluminium. The MM panel is definitely the fad right now.
    There is an argument to be made that the MM Al panel may be stiffer than the bumper/fender liner panel system was intended to be.
    Last edited by jhott66; 12-12-2014 at 05:40 PM.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I hate having to compromise with the SSI panel, as it has no radiator baffle option. Also, it does not appear to mount to the frame rails and will just flex the entire front end plastics like the JTD I have now, which could eventually lead to fender liner and other mounting points tearing.

If replacing stock components with after market, it does not make sense to get a product with less benefit than the stock piece, IMO. People argue that the stock panel spacing/air baffling makes a minute difference, but this is without any real data to back it up.

If the stock panel was one piece plastic with no "porkchops" required, I'd just get another one of those and be done with it. I might just get another stock one anyway and reinforce the mounting points with aluminum strips or something.

I have emailed motion motorsports several times with questions but never receive a reply. Would be great if they do another group buy, as there seems to be enough interest.
    Last edited by adamnur; 12-12-2014 at 07:10 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I hate having to compromise with the SSI panel, as it has no radiator baffle option. Also, it does not appear to mount to the frame rails and will just flex the entire front end plastics like the JTD I have now, which could eventually lead to fender liner and other mounting points tearing. If replacing stock components with after market, it does not make sense to get a product with less benefit than the stock piece, IMO. People argue that the stock panel spacing/air baffling makes a minute difference, but this is without any real data to back it up. If the stock panel was one piece plastic with no "porkchops" required, I'd just get another one of those and be done with it. I might just get another stock one anyway and reinforce the mounting points with aluminum strips or something. I have emailed motion motorsports several times with questions but never receive a reply. Would be great if they do another group buy, as there seems to be enough interest.
    This
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1995 LS1 M3, 2001 750iL
    I hate having to compromise with the SSI panel, as it has no radiator baffle option. Also, it does not appear to mount to the frame rails and will just flex the entire front end plastics like the JTD I have now, which could eventually lead to fender liner and other mounting points tearing.

If replacing stock components with after market, it does not make sense to get a product with less benefit than the stock piece, IMO. People argue that the stock panel spacing/air baffling makes a minute difference, but this is without any real data to back it up.

If the stock panel was one piece plastic with no "porkchops" required, I'd just get another one of those and be done with it. I might just get another stock one anyway and reinforce the mounting points with aluminum strips or something.

I have emailed motion motorsports several times with questions but never receive a reply. Would be great if they do another group buy, as there seems to be enough interest.
    What kinda of questions do you have with the panel? The community has a whole might be able to answer them for you.

As far as the GB, they are worth the price even without, and honestly...we have all sunk A LOT of money into our cars, so why postpone the purchase of a great product over a possible savings of $30 (Maaaaybe a little more, but lets be honest it cant be much.).

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Love the underpanel and splitter.

My Cars
    Mulitiple

Motion Motorsport

I received my SSi underpanel the other day.
    It's a nice piece. Very basic.
    It fits nicely and requires 5 holes to be drilled into the underneath of the bumper cover.
    The "strengthening pieces" have a handmade look to them but that's ok.
    The instructions are poor and, frankly, not adequate for a DIYer who has low skill. I tried to follow them just as a matter of course but gave up and just installed it.
    Installation took about 45 minutes.

Overall, it's lighter than the MM panel, it provides the same "protection" under the car, installation is similar except for the poor written instructions, lining up the panel with the fender liners is a bit more difficult compared to the MM panel, the bumper cover/fender liner system is tied together nicely.

There is no "compromise" with the SSi panel to the MM panel. The system is tied together firmly.
    The frame rail supports are not required with the SSi panel because it is much lighter and narrower.
    I'm of the judgement that the radiator baffle is completely useless if your cooling system is functioning properly. I would certainly like to see some data that shows otherwise.

I'm happy with the SSi panel. I would recommend the panel equally with the MM panel.

We'll see how it handles the abuse on the track this year.
    Last edited by jhott66; 12-18-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast