Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motion Motorsport

My Cars
    lots

Motion Motorsport

Anybody have an alternative contact for these guys? I typically hate going to a forum for something like this but I placed an order a week ago for the underpanel and haven't heard anything since. They haven't charged my card but I haven't received an email response or phone response after trying to reach them both ways. I'm driving from LA to Seattle in 2 weeks and need something to hold all the plastic crap together under the car. Not sure if they are under staffed or on vacation. Any ideas?
    '95 M3
    '90 325is
    '90 535i
    '89 635csi
    '87 635csi

http://myautodesign.wordpress.com/

My Cars
    1995 bmw m3 & 2001 325it
    I don't know man....they took a month to ship my shifter kit!

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    I got a response through PM on here, and the communication continued through email. For what its worth it looks like Matt is in China at the moment, so communication can be dicey. Sorry I can't offer any more help.

My Cars
    lots
    That's disappointing as all reviews point to the MM underpanel being very well designed and constructed. I went ahead and ordered the SSI from bimmerworld. Normally I wouldn't care if it takes a couple of weeks to get a part but I don't want to do a 1000+ mile drive with everything flopping around on the highway. In July, the stock under panel came apart on a cross country drive from Maryland to SoCal. I spent 45 minutes on the side of the road in Vegas in 115F heat zip tying everything together. Hopefully this fixes the zip tie fix.
    '95 M3
    '90 325is
    '90 535i
    '89 635csi
    '87 635csi

My Cars
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixerkid View Post
    ... need something to hold all the plastic crap together under the car.
    FWIW, the MM panel actually replaces all those plastic pieces like the porkchops, etc. The only plastic pieces it supports are the fender liners.

My Cars
    lots
    I'm aware. On my car the mounting point between the pork chops and fender liners are toast. I have new fender liners that are going to be installed at the same time.
    '95 M3
    '90 325is
    '90 535i
    '89 635csi
    '87 635csi

My Cars
    lots
    Just thought I'd update this, I was contacted by Matt advising that he is out of the country and that email and phone responses are delayed. I guess it wasn't in the cards this time. Hopefully the SSI panel does the job.
    Last edited by thesixerkid; 09-18-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    '95 M3
    '90 325is
    '90 535i
    '89 635csi
    '87 635csi

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5 & '11 M3/4/6
    Vorshlag appears to be selling the MM kit on their site. Maybe they have them in stock and can ship faster?
    1998 M3/4/5

Front and rear reinforced powder coated subframes / Rear shock mount reinforcements / Rear sway bar reinforcement plates / Rear trailing arm pocket reinforcement plates / Bilstein Sport shocks with new spring pads / Dinan springs / Vorshlag OEM Z4 M Rear trailing arm bushings with RTAB limiters / Stewart high flow water pump / Z3 2.8 pick up tube / VAC oil pan baffle / Drilled oil pump nut / Dinan axle back exhaust / Dinan carbon CAI / Shark Injector / Motion Motorsport underpanel / Bear Motorsport SSK / Rays Engineering Gram Lights 57 Maximum 17x9 ET35 square (street) / Apex ARC 8 17x8.5 ET40 square (track)

My Cars
    E36 M3
    MM Underpanel is really durable. I had an off track which resulted in pushing the front bumper up into the nosepanel (bending the inside lip), tearing the front lip off and wrecking the fenderliners + sideskirt. Total damage to the underpanel was the 4 plastic inserts, everything else stayed in place. And for what it's worth I contacted them last week and they sent me new inserts free of charge, I've never had issues dealing with them.

My Cars
    98 M3
    The MM stuff is by far the best out there. I've never had a problem with communication with them...

My Cars
    '98 M3 2/5
    No big deal to run without one for a while.
    I'll bet half the E36s you pass on road have torn the OEM one off on curbs.

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3, 2001 X5 3.0
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I ordered an under panel in late July, and still haven't seen it. Apparently there was some supply issues in the beginning, but that was supposed to be resolved by mid august. I've had some contact with them, but not a lot, and my last few emails have gone unanswered. Hopefully they'll get back in town and back to normal soon.

My Cars
    '12 135i Dinan S2
    This panel is on my list. Nice to see all of the positive reviews.

Past: 1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
    Present: 2012 BMW 135i DCT Dinan S2, 1985 BMW 325e

modernbeat is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Caged
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase Zome View Post
    Vorshlag appears to be selling the MM kit on their site. Maybe they have them in stock and can ship faster?
    We currently have one E36 kit left in stock.
    Last edited by modernbeat; 09-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Jason McDaniel at Vorshlag

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5 & '11 M3/4/6
    ^ problem solved!
    1998 M3/4/5

Front and rear reinforced powder coated subframes / Rear shock mount reinforcements / Rear sway bar reinforcement plates / Rear trailing arm pocket reinforcement plates / Bilstein Sport shocks with new spring pads / Dinan springs / Vorshlag OEM Z4 M Rear trailing arm bushings with RTAB limiters / Stewart high flow water pump / Z3 2.8 pick up tube / VAC oil pan baffle / Drilled oil pump nut / Dinan axle back exhaust / Dinan carbon CAI / Shark Injector / Motion Motorsport underpanel / Bear Motorsport SSK / Rays Engineering Gram Lights 57 Maximum 17x9 ET35 square (street) / Apex ARC 8 17x8.5 ET40 square (track)

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Quote Originally Posted by Saulinho View Post
    I don't know man....they took a month to ship my shifter kit!
    I contacted you direct about that. I was waiting for the shift levers to get in from my vendor. As soon as they came in, that kit was shipped out. In your email response, you said you had time as you were doing a bunch of work to the car. If it was going to be a big deal, I wish you would of said something and I could of shipped the entire kit, and drop shipped a lever to you. Sorry about late shipment, my hands were tied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesixerkid View Post
    Just thought I'd update this, I was contacted by Matt advising that he is out of the country and that email and phone responses are delayed. I guess it wasn't in the cards this time. Hopefully the SSI panel does the job.
    Glad Matt got back to you. I was going to mention that he was out of Country on business. Hopefully Matt can get you taken care of as quickly as possible
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    skateboard
    Maybe the trip to China will mean more kits
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    +1 more Kits at and even lower price! But shipping would be pretty expensive...

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    If they start getting manufactured in China, I'll be one of the first to stop buying their products.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    I actually bought one of these about 2 weeks ago. Same deal, waiting on it to ship. But from all the reviews and forum input it seems like it's totally worth the wait. I was about to contact them as well as to why it was taking so long.. So this kinda sucks but at least the order hasn't been forgotten...

My Cars
    2 bmw's
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    If they start getting manufactured in China, I'll be one of the first to stop buying their products.
    this ^^^
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Maybe the trip to China will mean more kits
    Quote Originally Posted by olemiss540 View Post
    +1 more Kits at and even lower price! But shipping would be pretty expensive...
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by downandout View Post
    this ^^^
    Just to be clear, I never said his trip to China had anything to do with MM. In fact I am pretty sure it doesn't . Hate to have rumors start on the forum for no reason.
    Last edited by bimma360; 09-20-2014 at 09:49 AM.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Hi Folks,

Just got back into the states late last night, so all pending orders are processing and packing today, for departure on Monday's pickup.

To note, Motion does not, and will not manufacture any of the proprietary products in China or anywhere outside of the USA. Everything (including packaging) is designed, prototyped, and produced here in the northeast in-house and through close working relationships with local supply chain partners in order to maintain the consistent level of high quality that defines the Motion brand.

As many of you may know, Motion is not a full-time gig (though business has been growing significantly year over year, and with the intro of the race seating products, it has been explosive in 2014). My day job in class 2 med device engineering has quarterly travel to mainland China to manage the design and expansion of production facilities in that sector. It seems that this past trip, the powers that be have further ratcheted down the commonly used western-based web services that has sustained effective communication in the past, for unknown reasons. Perhaps in response to recent HK political dissent or the Tienanmen Sq anniversary. Either way, changes have been put into place to circumvent those challenges in the future so that it shouldn't be an issue.

All the best, and thank you for the continued support.

Matt

Facebook for special NEWS and OFFERS- Motion Motorsport LLC
    Instagram for GIVEAWAYS and CONTESTS- @MotionMotorsport

"By enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. Quality components for the street and track."

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Good to know Matt, thank you! Glad you made it back safely

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by bimma360 View Post
    Just to be clear, I never said his trip to China had anything to do with MM. In fact I am pretty sure it doesn't . Hate to have rumors start on the forum for no reason.
    I assumed which was wrong of me. My Apologies!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast