Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive styling help!

Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    f you want to dress up the rear bumper you can get one of these, I have one and an very satisfied with it. Although I just plastidipped mine.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-99-BMW-E36-3-SERIES-M3-STYLE-REAR-BUMPER-DIFFUSER-LIP-/191185538807?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3ABMW%7CModel%3A328is&has h=item2c838bcef7&vxp=

Does it fit the standard bumper? Have you got any before and after snaps?

I have an m sport bumper sitting in the shed, could I not take the diffuser off of that and put on mine???

Cheers!

Few more snaps of mine now

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Not bad. You can definitely lose the chrome kidneys, get rid of the egg yolks in the corners, and (maybe) smoke the headlights/corners. I don't really like the effects of loosing light transmission... but it does look mean.

Please excuse the retarded non-functional camber:
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    E36
    ^^

BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    E36 320i '91

Legit.
    Last edited by Luth; 10-02-2014 at 05:23 PM.

I think the chrome kidneys go well with the wheels though so tempted to keep them for now.
    My previous e36 vert' had black kidneys on it and it was Montreal blue. Looked great! But yeah I think the chrome works with the wheels on this one.
    Was thinking of a light tint on the side repeaters to match the headlights as they seem a tad darker but nothing silly.
    Would an m sport rear diffuser bolt straight onto a standard rear bumper??

PS.
    I hate silly camber. Looks absolutely shit!

My Cars
    BMW E36 Compact 1.8ti
    Low is the way to Gooooooo

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Quote Originally Posted by iOllieSM View Post
    Would an m sport rear diffuser bolt straight onto a standard rear bumper??
    Not quite, but there is a replica one on ebay that fits pretty well... just does not look as good, and the diffuser then does not have the factory support either.

It looks much better just to get the full M rear bumper, the lines are much nicer and flow together.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Not quite, but there is a replica one on ebay that fits pretty well... just does not look as good, and the diffuser then does not have the factory support either.

It looks much better just to get the full M rear bumper, the lines are much nicer and flow together.
    Fair enough I do have an m sport rear bumper just need to get it resprayed before it goes on the car!

My Cars
    Imola E36 M3 E30 Touring
    The stock front bumper looks fine. You can paint the grill section black (just plasti-dip so its reversible) and maybe add a lip.

Looks pretty aggressive to me.

Honestly changing your side moldings to the M3 style makes probably the biggest difference. I have no idea why BMW went with the skinny non matching moldings on the sides for non-M cars. They look so out of place when compared with the front and rear bumpers.

My daily 318is used to have an M3 bumper till I had a minor crash. I replaced it with the original style bumper; now I can't seem to figure out why I went with an M3 bumper in the first place. It looks great as is.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 10-04-2014 at 04:04 PM.

My Cars
    332ti, XJ, Planet Expres
    I like my lip/chin spoiler. Looks "aggressive"

My Cars
    250 & 2.5 Hellrot
    Food for thought, I painted my front headlights black. Looks pretty mean now. Did it with the vht nightshades

My Cars
    m3
    Is the m sport front bumper lower than the standard one?? I have an m3 lip to Put on it too.

How much slower would it make the car by putting in a full interior? I wouldn't refit a bmw spec carpet just buy some wafer thin stuff to put in, and wouldn't be doing sound deadening... But what sort of difference would it make? Would it feel physically slower? (As I love the current performance)

Cheers

My Cars
    1996 318i S Coupe M44
    This is a bit of a weird one to answer, as I had a friend with a Clio Williams which he 'track slagged' and took everything out bar the two front seats. It felt AMAZINGLY fast... But it still couldn't out pace the same cars it previously couldn't out pace. Back in the day we didn't have money / access to dinos or drag strips etc.

I have a theory that it felt like it made a huge difference because it reduced dampening of sound therefore the engine seemed louder the road noise was louder etc. everything roared MOAR POWER and I think this made a little difference but not the difference that we believed we could 'feel'.

Then on the opposite end of the spectrum I knew a guy who purchased himself a Skyline R32 and stripped EVERYTHING out apart from the drivers seat and it beat cars it previously couldn't on the track.

Since you're not racing this (I presume) I think it's going to feel a lot slower on the acceleration as it's going to be quieter (depending on how thin your carpet is etc) but is it going to make a huge difference to the pickup and top end of the car? Probably not a whole lot in real world driving depending on how much weight you add obviously.

Yeah your adding weight etc, but I recon you'd notice more of a difference in your MPG than you would drag racing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicAcid View Post
    This is a bit of a weird one to answer, as I had a friend with a Clio Williams which he 'track slagged' and took everything out bar the two front seats. It felt AMAZINGLY fast... But it still couldn't out pace the same cars it previously couldn't out pace. Back in the day we didn't have money / access to dinos or drag strips etc.

I have a theory that it felt like it made a huge difference because it reduced dampening of sound therefore the engine seemed louder the road noise was louder etc. everything roared MOAR POWER and I think this made a little difference but not the difference that we believed we could 'feel'.

Then on the opposite end of the spectrum I knew a guy who purchased himself a Skyline R32 and stripped EVERYTHING out apart from the drivers seat and it beat cars it previously couldn't on the track.

Since you're not racing this (I presume) I think it's going to feel a lot slower on the acceleration as it's going to be quieter (depending on how thin your carpet is etc) but is it going to make a huge difference to the pickup and top end of the car? Probably not a whole lot in real world driving depending on how much weight you add obviously.

Yeah your adding weight etc, but I recon you'd notice more of a difference in your MPG than you would drag racing it.
    Interesting.

As it stands now (way I bought it) I love the performance. It's very fast, surprises a lot of cars and surprises me with the cars I've beaten!

Thing is, I use it a lot and I'm not sure if a full interior would be the way to go.... But don't want to slow it down

I'd probably change my current bucket seats to some black ones and have a rear bench and put the door panels back on... But yeah as I say I don't want to make it any slower!

Bit of a tough situation really lol. Fancy an e36 with an interior but feel il ruin this car by refitting one

My Cars
    1996 318i S Coupe M44
    Save what you'd spend on the interior and pick up another one? You've seen mine and I got that for £450 nicker. Plenty of them about here if you have a little time to put some TLC into them.

Nah don't really want to run 2 cars tbh. And if I had another parked next to mine to use, I'd never use it. Mines too fun haha :p I dunno may change the current bucket seats to some nicer ones and keep as is for now

So it looks as though I need to change the bootlid.
    What spoilers do people reccomend? I see there is a csl bootlid I can get for mine... Does anybody have any pictures at all of it on their cars? What's the general opinion on them?
    Cheers

I need to upgrade my wheels from 16" to 17"...
    What do people have? What looks good these days on a 36'??

Thanks!

My Cars
    Daily 94 E36 and 92 E30
    camber looks absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way). The one thing I honestly respect on these cars is that its just a beautiful car from factory and you can keep that with the M kit and its just classic looking you could pulll up anywhere and youll still turn heads. It's just an aaswesome car as is. Your car looks much nicer with the m bumper on it too by the way and I hardly see that color on an e36 so to me that makes it different already!

2008 135i FBO Pure600 Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by DBShiznit View Post
    camber looks absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way). The one thing I honestly respect on these cars is that its just a beautiful car from factory and you can keep that with the M kit and its just classic looking you could pulll up anywhere and youll still turn heads. It's just an aaswesome car as is. Your car looks much nicer with the m bumper on it too by the way and I hardly see that color on an e36 so to me that makes it different already!
    Thanks man!
    Yeah I get people commenting about it all the time.
    I've just fit a full black leather m sport interior and am looking for some 17's to set it off!!

I'm not a fan of camber either. E36's naturally have some when they're lowered but I won't be doing anything to give it any more!!!

Rotas

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421053240.058776.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421053251.376345.jpg

Might make a project thread soon as have a few more bits planned for the car.

Anyway whats people's opinions on prefacelift vs facelift kidney grills?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Personally, I'm not really a fan of those wheels ... to me, they always looked like they belong on a 17 year old's Nissan coupe of some sort ... but to each his own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast