Thread: Fuel Filter Replacement Advice on a 2002 MRoadster

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe

Fuel Filter Replacement Advice on a 2002 MRoadster

I have read the fuel filter FAQ and I have seen a few others on various sites but I haven`t seen one for the 2002 MRoadtsers. My filter has a threaded end and a obviously smooth clamped end.
    My question is on the threaded end is there anything else that I need to get. One site says yes and others say no. I have seen no pictures of my type installed. I just wanted to be sure before I jack it up and remove the cover to replace and find that I needed some other things. I want to do it in one shot. I have a new clamp and some hose but I wasn`t sure about the threaded side.
    Thanks for any info on this.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    You need a copper sealing washer__I think it's 12mm, but since I keep lots of sizes on hand, I go by what they look like, not the part number.

I just did one on Scott's car a couple weeks or so ago, if you want to look at those pictures.

I'll clear up one (1) myth; you don't need any fancy tools to disconnect the fuel line connectors. Push the fitting into the filter HARD, and then hold the plastic collar IN the connector and pull the hose back. When reinstalling, make sure you hear it click, then try to pull the hose off again__it should stay in place.

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe
    Thank You Mr. Forbes !! This is what I was looking for. The pictures are awesome and as usual you are the best at this.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    518 as a thread sealer? Who woulda thunk?

/.randy