Thread: Anyone had trouble with Bavarian Auto Recycling?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540iT Dinan S2

Unhappy Anyone had trouble with Bavarian Auto Recycling?

I placed an order with them at the end of January for some A-pillar covers, but they didn't have any in stock, but they said they get cars in all the time and should have them in a week or two. I waited for a month and a half, but they never got any so I canceled the order after I repaired my existing ones. I have been waiting for a refund from them for 2 weeks now and keep getting the run around. To make matters worse, it appears that the person who has to issue the refund is the owner so there is no manager I can elevate my issue to. I am having trouble getting a refund for a canceled order I placed with Bavarian Auto Recycling. Has anyone else had issues with them?
    - 2000 540iT Dinan S2 -2000 Z3 -

My Cars
    98 JB 740i/07 JB TBSS
    I had a similar issue with a 535 driveshaft. They promised cars all the time sometimes they don't show. Maybe they were waiting for a car to fulfill your order. When I cancelled it did take a week to get refund. As I recall I had to speak with their accounting department.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540iT Dinan S2
    I have called the accounting department several times and all I get is voice mail.

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2000 Impreza RS
    I have. They lied about the condition of parts i bought and did nothing to resolve the problem. I think the phone reps name was jeff hamal. Complete liar. And the sales manager never answers his phone or calls you back.

First car:Avus1993 325is Second car:Titan.Silver 1998M3 Current car:Cosmos 1999M3

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540iT Dinan S2
    It took a long time, but I did finally get my refund. Their process appears to be severely antiquated.

My Cars
    1987 535i, 1999 528i tou
    I am baffled as to how these people stay in business. I decided to give them a try because (a) they were the only people in the country who claimed to have what I needed, and (b) despite the bad press I knew that my credit card company would back me up. Still ended up being a big waste of my time. Further, since my experience I've asked around and had not found ANYONE who has actually had an order filled by them. Wow, they have at least three employees, are these guys able to get away with earning enough money just through rip-offs? (I've also discovered that they will claim to have in stock ANY BMW part you have the OEM part number for).

My need: 4 "true" rims for our 1999 528i touring. After 16 years of mostly urban and suburban driving, the rims are severely out of round and out of anything else you can measure. Having had great success with used rims for our 1987 535i, I was trying to save the big bucks that they would cost new. BAR was the only outfit that claimed to have any, much less 4. When I called, they swore to me that they had 4 in stock, guaranteed true and cleaned, some nicks from sidewalk curb contact. A bit more $ than I expected - about twice what I paid to another company for the 535 rims - but less than a third of the new price. OK. Said they would bill my card upon shipment. OK.

They billed within 5 minutes of my order. I called after three weeks. "Oh. Well, our "state of the art [- according to their website" ] inventory system was in error. Don't have, but we're expecting some within the next two days." Gave them another week. Still don't have, agreed to refund the charge. Another week, no rims, no refund. Went straight to the credit card company and cancelled the order. Company says they have a fat e-file on these guys, wish they could blacklist them but can't because they don't contest the refunds and blame their computer system.

My Cars
    2001 325vert
    I had one experience with them several years ago... it went okay. I got the item I purchased and shipping time was fine, but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Bad enough for me to not use them since.

Customer service was bad, the lady on phone was rude and made me feel like I was inconveniencing her. The other issue I have with them is they don't keep track of body panel color. Let's say if you want a fender, you are just going to get what ever color they feel like sending. Idk if still the case, but if it is, it's a dumb policy and makes me question their inventory tracking capabilities.

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    They seem to have a really shitty rep.

If you payed via paypal, go ahead and start a claim. If you paid by card, have your bank reverse the charges.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Roadster

Crooks.....worst company ever, especially the owner

Bavarian auto parts/bmr auto recycling received several emails and calls regarding a refund of $214.88 charged on my husbands credit card from back in nov. 14 that weeks after ordering they called stating they were unable to get the part and gave me a refund number and said i would receive it within the mth. Each time i called back they stated it was sent to the accounting dept. And we should receive it soon. To this day they still haven't refunded the money. I've made several attempts via calls to their sales dept which tell me each time to email or call the accounting dept. Supposedly they are the only ones able to do the refund. I have done this approx 13 times and i've spoken to ty in sales about 8 times and last mth wasfinally told to dispute thru the cc, wellbecause its been more than 60 days they cant do that. This is the worst company i have ever dealt with. And the accounting dept recorded message states that refunds process weekly well we have been waiting 6 mths....and not even a response from the accounting dept. Worst of all, today i was told by ty that the acct. Dept. Is the owner and his name is bryce and he's the one who receives all those calls and emails and didn't once even have the decency to return an email or cb. Terrible business practice. Just refund the money or i will be forced to take different measures this is absolutely ridiculous behaviour from such a well known bmw parts company. Never give them your cc until you receive the part from them

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540iT Dinan S2
    Yep, the accounting department is the owner and his wife. They do not work every day. I was happy to get my refund in the end, but it is a company I will never use again and will recommend everyone avoids them.

My Cars
    z4
    Bavarian Auto Recycling is rated F by the Better Business Bureau.

I wish I would have checked their ratings online before wasting my time and money ordering parts from them. I wasted 53 days waiting for them to fix my order for a used Z4 wheel. I needed to call them close to 10 times and eventually gave up and refuted the charge via my credit card company when they didn't process a refund. They managed to ship my part to someone else and send me a part I never ordered. They didn't call me a single time in the entire process. They were flippant when I talked with them and put no effort into resolving the issue. I'll never do business with them again. And I would warn others from considering ordering from them.

Here's their status as of Jan 22 2016 on bbb.org:

http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/busine...va-ca-4000486/

Rating F

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. include:

154 complaint(s) filed against business
    Failure to respond to 5 complaint(s) filed against business
    47 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Why are they a forum sponsor??

Links to more complaints:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ycling-Warning