Thread: Wheel spacer search

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot

Wheel spacer search

Posted this in the wheel section but I figured you guys may can help as well, Where can I buy 7mm spacers with hub extender ?, from my search everything below 10mm is just a flat piece of metal and 7mm is the max I'm allowed. I do not feel comfortable letting my wheel sit on the 5mm of hub left over after adding a flat 7mm spacer.
    Also would it be safe if I coupled the flat spacer with extended studs ( if proper one isn't located).
    what is the best brand for studs?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Sent from my inb4rust.

Sent from my inb4rust.
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8, 98 M Coupe
    '97 Z3 2.8 - Montreal Blue, Beige
    Mods - RD Fr. strut brace; Short antenna; Hifi LCD+AUX; BMW soft-top; TMS RSM; K&N air; Bilstein struts; H&R Springs; Pedders camber/toe; extra padded M stitched 3 spoke steering wheel ...
    To Do - Interior overhaul; rear window; lightweight rims ...

'98 M Coupe - Cosmos Black, Imola

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Yash, if you think about the physical design of a spacer for a bit, you will see why a one-piece spacer of that size WITH a hub extension is impossible. Unless you are willing to cut your stock hub extension short, you can't put an extension on a spacer thinner than about 15mm because there won't be any gap between the rotor hat and the hub to allow for the extension overlap.

I know I'm not doing a great job of describing the issue, but if you saw a wire-frame 3D view of what a spacer would look like that you're trying to buy you'd see why it is impossible. Personally, I wouldn't worry about only having 5mm of hub for the wheel to center on, because that is all the hub extension is used for, centering the wheel. The lug nuts can also center the wheel if they must. Once bolted down, the hub extension carries no force from the wheel, it is all transferred via friction from the wheel to the rotor hat to the hub.
    Last edited by BenFenner; 02-25-2014 at 05:31 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    VAC Motorsports sells 8mm with hub extenders
    1999 M Coupe

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    Gotcha Ben , I was along the same line of thinking but thought I'd get lucky ..... I guess for peace of mind, this is going on my e60 which is prone to ungodly vibrations so I want to get it right.

Lots O $ in wheels, bushings, etc and a couple try's at balancing to rid the vibration and it's finally feeling like a BMW should.

I already have a two 7mm spacers, I'll order some extended bolts and try it out then.

Thanks for the input guys. Sent from my inb4rust.
    Last edited by yash; 02-25-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    There are two separate issues as I understand this.

1. The spacer needs to sit flush on the back of the wheel. Some of the wheels have chamfers and some do not. Some of the spacers chamfers are not the same angle and as such they will not sit flat on the back of the wheel.

2. Lip of the hub is too tall for the thinner spacer and you get the same issue.

Both will cause vibration. Any dirt debris and rust will also cause issues. Check your fitments. I am doing this research also for my e36.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Just buy separate hub extenders? That's what I bought for my 5mm spacers but never ended up using them.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix