Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: e36 M3 Eurosport Supercharger Questions

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Coolant = Anywhere between 180*F and 200*F
    Oil = Anywhere between 220*F and 240*F (Non Oil Cooler)
    Oil Pressure at Operating Temp = between 10psi and 60psi (Dependent upon RPM, 10psi to 12psi at idle is what I see)

Looks like its coming together. What was the clicking/rattle in the first video?
    1995 M3...Screwed

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jab31169 View Post
    Coolant = Anywhere between 180*F and 200*F
    Oil = Anywhere between 220*F and 240*F (Non Oil Cooler)
    Oil Pressure at Operating Temp = between 10psi and 60psi (Dependent upon RPM, 10psi to 12psi at idle is what I see)

Looks like its coming together. What was the clicking/rattle in the first video?
    The rattle is the vanos. Sorry for the late response, haven't checked the forum in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, Sorry for the late update, but the car is coming along still. There were a few engine codes that were coming up and the problem was a couple of vacuum lines and the boost bypass valve. It should be repaired soon and out on the road/track. I have driven this thing and it is a complete beast! I'll keep you updated with a some more pictures and videos as the car keeps progressing.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Is the oil separator hose (the one that goes from the top of the crankcase to the back of the supercharger) the same as a regular s52's, or is it unique to the ES supercharger? Might anybody happen to have to the part number for the oil separator hose?

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    i don't have a part number, but i can take a look at mine after church today.

I want to say its the same.

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    I have the pn#11151703775 on my car, its a 95 but has an S52 VC.

I i had to get the S52 part number because my S50 hose was not the click fit but a friction fit.

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanks95 View Post
    I have the pn#11151703775 on my car, its a 95 but has an S52 VC.

I i had to get the S52 part number because my S50 hose was not the click fit but a friction fit.
    Alright, thanks tanks haha. I will check it out later

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyBass0 View Post
    Alright, thanks tanks haha. I will check it out later
    was that the info you wanted?

The long post was probably more than what was needed; you probably knew the valve cover breather hoses were different from the S50 and S52.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    was that the info you wanted?

The long post was probably more than what was needed; you probably knew the valve cover breather hoses were different from the S50 and S52.
    Well, it turned out that the hose is different from the s52 and the s50. The hose is longer than the s52 and like you said, the s50 is the push on. I am just going to rig up a new one with some rubber hose from home depot and probably make my own oil catch can (unless it's not really necessary?)

On another note, what part of North Carolina are you from?!

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Well, it turned out that the hose is different from the s52 and the s50. The hose is longer than the s52 and like you said, the s50 is the push on. I am just going to rig up a new one with some rubber hose from home depot and probably make my own oil catch can (unless it's not really necessary?)

On another note, what part of North Carolina are you from?!
    Oops, my bad. I did order two of them to make the full length. I should've written down some of the wisdom Josh passed along.

I'm in Fayetteville (ish)

My Cars
    skateboard
    OP when you decide to give up I'll take over this kit.

Free Milkt
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Oops, my bad. I did order two of them to make the full length. I should've written down some of the wisdom Josh passed along.

I'm in Fayetteville (ish)
    Oh yes, please feel free to pass any wisdom along haha. Fayetteville isn't that far from where I am. When I get this thing to a reliable state we will have to meet up at cars and coffee or something!

Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    OP when you decide to give up I'll take over this kit.

Free Milkt
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! but I have already bonded with it

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Does anyone have a guide to changing the oil in the supercharger?

My Cars
    are cool
    Were you aware you purchased the wrong parts for the front end? You have a pre-facelift nose panel and kidneys. I can't completely see but it looks like you also purchased a pre-94 fender w/o the turn signal.

I like that there's a Eurosport kit in here...

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Does anyone have a guide to changing the oil in the supercharger?
    old school. remove drain plug, use shop towels / rags to absorb the oil, replace drain plug, refill.

My Cars
    skateboard
    old school. remove drain plug, use shop towels / rags to absorb the oil, replace drain plug, refill.
    Sounds easy . How often are you humans performing oil changes?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    on my 1.7, once over the two year period i had it. However, on the Kenne Bell 2.1, many more times, only because i was trying to fabricate a catch can (reservoir).

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by nate325 View Post
    Were you aware you purchased the wrong parts for the front end? You have a pre-facelift nose panel and kidneys. I can't completely see but it looks like you also purchased a pre-94 fender w/o the turn signal.

I like that there's a Eurosport kit in here...
    Yes I am aware. I have around 6 parts car e36s and they are all <1995. So I worked with what I had. This car is about 3 or 4 different cars in one haha. I don't really care, it can always be replaced with newer stuff. I needed to get the fenders and front end on to drive it around and make sure it was mechanically sound before all the body work.

Word, will do.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Skip to the last 15 seconds if you're pressed for time and don't want to watch the other bits.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 10-17-2014 at 11:23 PM.

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Skip to the last 15 seconds if you're pressed for time and don't want to watch the other bits.

mmmmmmm, and some still aren't a believer. #N0lag aka INSTANT boost!

Thats some good stuff!

Im doing the TSmoney Dance
    Last edited by Tanks95; 10-18-2014 at 01:00 AM.

My Cars
    97 M3, 85 318i
    Needz dual lock velcro

Custom Stage 3-ish RMS supercharged E36 M3/4/5
    Frankenstein e30 318i commuter

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    mmmmmmm, and some still aren't a believer. #N0lag aka INSTANT boost!

Thats some good stuff!

Im doing the TSmoney Dance
    In an effort to get some fuel pressure versus manifold vacuum readings for another car I am working on, I connected a vac/boost gauge to my black car ('99 Rdstr w/ES/TS & 3" pulley) for the first time a couple days ago; I can't really drive the car, as it "pressurizes" the cooling system with any boost-ta-tivity, but just ambling around, no problem. Once I got the fuel rail versus vacuum readings I was after, I kicked in the ass a couple times__as I'd never put a gauge on it before__and it rang up 10 PSI! The Blue Coupe (also ES/TS) with a permanently mounted gauge typically hits 8 PSI.

Oh, and INSTANTLY off of idle, I might add. Yes, if I am enough time to say "okay, I should be going now" after I press the throttle, that's TOO MUCH throttle lag

So, do you have any of this Josh Wisdom written down? I'd love to know where he sourced the commercially available pieces he put together for the kits (he really doesn't much like to talk about them nowadays...).

My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    In an effort to get some fuel pressure versus manifold vacuum readings for another car I am working on, I connected a vac/boost gauge to my black car ('99 Rdstr w/ES/TS & 3" pulley) for the first time a couple days ago; I can't really drive the car, as it "pressurizes" the cooling system with any boost-ta-tivity, but just ambling around, no problem. Once I got the fuel rail versus vacuum readings I was after, I kicked in the ass a couple times__as I'd never put a gauge on it before__and it rang up 10 PSI! The Blue Coupe (also ES/TS) with a permanently mounted gauge typically hits 8 PSI.

Oh, and INSTANTLY off of idle, I might add. Yes, if I am enough time to say "okay, I should be going now" after I press the throttle, that's TOO MUCH throttle lag

So, do you have any of this Josh Wisdom written down? I'd love to know where he sourced the commercially available pieces he put together for the kits (he really doesn't much like to talk about them nowadays...).
    Yea, he has a new carrer. Lets goto email. I'll PM

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    YES there is absolutely no lag whatsoever. If I even think about tapping the gas, the car has already boosted and I am away. If you listen closely you can hear me giggle a couple of times in the video.

My Cars
    m3
    you should be able to get the heat shield for the intake from TRM. you can use the standard intake shield and just enlarge the hole for the 3.5" intake.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    you should be able to get the heat shield for the intake from TRM. you can use the standard intake shield and just enlarge the hole for the 3.5" intake.
    Thanks! I made my own heat shield for now. Cheap and easy, just the way I like it.

--
    Here are some pictures of the underside.

I accidentally cracked the oil pan from over tightening... JB Weld for now. New oil pan later. Now might be a good time to learn some welding, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, getting around to changing the supercharger oil, I bout a bottle of Mobil1 15w-50. I poured 4 oz. into the top of the supercharger (after draining what was in there). I got the 4 oz. from number
    http://www.eurosporthighperformance....ercharger.html and http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...0SC%20twin.pdf
    The latter is a .pdf of the active autowerk supercharger install and on page 52 it talks about the oil.
    Just double checking 4 oz. is the correct amount, correct?
    Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 10-19-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast