Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e36 M3 Eurosport Supercharger Questions

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan

e36 M3 Eurosport Supercharger Questions

Hello I bought a wrecked m3 with the Eurosport kit and I need a couple of parts but can't find them ANYWHERE because the company that made the kit shut down. I need the air intake with the box and the filter and I need the intercooler/heat exchange (In the picture below). If you could help me find either of these then that would be amazing. Also if there were a .pdf for the instruction book and you have it could you please message me. Thanks!

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Conforti CAI was were the barrier came from; ITG JC60/86C was the filter I used. Virtually any intercooler (that fits your body type) w/-12 fittings can be used. Most of the parts can be sourced from various places, if you look hard enough.

You can check out one (or more) of my build threads for details on some of the parts; I've got a few TS installs under my belt (links to follow, in between welds at the moment...).

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    you should be able to get the heat shield for the intake from TRM. you can use the standard intake shield and just enlarge the hole for the 3.5" intake.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    You mean that any old cooler will work? The only thing that has kept me from buying a regular cooler is that the original one has 3 in/outs and I can only find ones that have 2. I know that one of the lines is just a reservoir. But can I just bypass the reservoir and get a cooler with a radiator cap? If you could send me those links it would be a really big help.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Any oil cooler with -10 fittings__that fit your space__would work. For the M Coupe/Rdstr versions, the water to air intercooler only used two (2) ports (to the best of my recolection; I'm waiting on a Coupe with the originally fitted system to show up__should've arrived yesterday...). You could accomdate the M3 needs by fitting a "T" @ the IC for the 3rd port.

None of these are deal-breakers, just use your imagination

My Cars
    skateboard
    You shouldn't keep it. Pm me for info on where to send the car.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    You shouldn't keep it. Pm me for info on where to send the car.
    You still have my address, right GG?

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcdoh View Post
    You still have my address, right GG?
    Correct .
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan

Does anybody know what this part is called and where I could find this or any aftermarket one? I think its like a catch/overflow can. It goes between the Johnson pump to the heat exchange.

The reason I want to know is because this part was bent and the people at my shop repaired it with bondo and silver paint... I don't know if it will hold under pressure or not and need to be prepaired to replace it if anything happens.
    Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:03 AM.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    That's just a coolant reservoir, no real pressure build up, per se.

I have a couple, at least one (>1) may be surplus to my requirements. Make me an offer that doesn't insult me, plus shipping, and it's yours.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Thanks Randy but, for right now I think I'm okay. I pressure tested this on with 25psi and it didn't leak from anywhere. So it should be fine under pressure in the car.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:06 AM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Okay so I was tinkering, and I found out that the upper radiator hose from a regular e36 will not work. The supercharger will rub up against it. Does anyone have an original radiator hose for the eurosport s.c. that they would want to part with? Or any ideas? I have looks at a few flexible radiator hoses but I don't know how they will perform and hold up. Any feedback on flexible radiator hoses will be much appreciated.

My Cars
    98 E36 M3/4

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Thanks for that! I have the hose on order. Here are a few pictures of what I've done so far. *slowly working* Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we can fire it up for the first time. It's been 2 years since we bought it.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:07 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Just added some info to that thread for a rad hose solution.
    1995 M3...Screwed

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Good stuff going on here!

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Yesterday I put the racing radiator in and put the cooler for the super charger in with zip ties, just to get the fitting right. I took off the broken fan clutch and put a new one on. The reservoir fit perfectly on the bumper struts so that's bolted down and good to go once I cut the line and get the fittings. The only thing left to do in order to fire it up is the upper radiator hose (should be here today), the oil cooler which needs brackets to mount it under the radiator, and the johnson pump for the s.c. cooler. SO excited

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:09 AM.

My Cars
    1995 s52 M3
    What brand radiator? I recommend an engine oil cooler if u don't already have one.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    It's just a 53mm thick aluminum radiator, I got a cheap one haha. I also got an oil cooler, yessir. Thanks!
    Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 04-10-2014 at 09:43 AM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    The 540i upper radiator hose did not work. But I am going to try and make my own with stainless steel couplers and various other radiator hoses. Yesterday I ran the lines and got all the fittings in. The johnson pump is hooked up and working. I mounted the cooler for the s.c. Today I plan on getting it started! I only have to make the radiator hose and go back over the fittings to ensure that they won't leak.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:11 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    On the hoses, mesure three times, cut once or twice. I made my first cuts a little long just to be safe.
    1995 M3...Screwed

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Whelp I patched together a radiator hose with some 1 1/2" stainless steel sink piping from lowes haha. What temperatures should the oil/coolant be? Also what is an ideal pressure for the oil?

Here is a video of it running-

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 10-17-2014 at 11:24 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Video is no longer private. Sorry about that. I have cleaned up the motor a little bit and homemade a cold air box for the intake out of an aluminum sheet. Still wondering how hot the car should be getting.

Last edited by JeffreyBass0; 05-14-2014 at 10:13 AM.

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    Great find! Looking good!

My Cars
    332ti, XJ, Planet Expres
    Your temp should hover near the temperature of your thermostat. When you're pushing it or idling for a while it can gain 10° I'd say. I've never quite gotten a straight answer on what is safe though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast