Thread: INACTIVE TPMS fix

My Cars
    2008 523i E60

INACTIVE TPMS fix

Hi guys. Im a new E93 owner and when I got the car, it had this TPMS error light on. Tried resetting it unsuccessfully. Maybe because the former owner of the vehicle changed the rims and tires to non oem ones. Any fix for this issue? Has anyone experienced this? Help Please...

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    Probably doesn't have TPMS sensors in there. Fix, unmount the wheels, add TPMS, remount.

My Cars
    2008 523i E60
    Got it! So no work around :-( will go am indy shop first and update you guys. Thanks!

My Cars
    X5
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket View Post
    Got it! So no work around :-( will go am indy shop first and update you guys. Thanks!

Sorry to bring this issue up again but I searched up and down for the solution to my particular TPM issue but couldn't find an answer. I hope someone can help me out. Here is my issue.
    1. TPM light came on.
    2. I check the tire pressure. Fronts 32, rear 36. All good
    3. I tried to reset the error. Error went away but came back after 15 minutes or so.
    4. Tried resetting it again but got the error "Inactive" and error remained solid yellow color.
    5. Took it to the dealer. He checked and recommended replacing all 4 sensors but did not have parts in stock. Strange.
    6. Took the car to 3 different tire shops. Each one tested my sensors with their hand held device and said sensors were working correctly.
    I am totally stumped. What could be the issue and who to believe? Best of all, how to get this thing fixed. Any ideas will be welcomed. I have 2010, 328i with regular tires (no run flates).
    Your help is greatly appreciated. I am in the Houston area.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i
    Unfortunately... The best solution is to add TPMS sensors to your current wheels. It will save time and headache as trying to remove all traces of TMPS from the system is nearly impossible. It would require extensive and expert coding and resetting to the on board computer.

My Cars
    e46
    Had this problem on my 2010 328i. Module behind right rear wheel. Got moisture inside which caused contacts on board to corrode. I was able to cut module open and solder bad spots. Would have been better to get some silver paint. Epoxied together and put back in and works fine. I also wrapped unit with electric tape to help keep dry. It is poor design (not waterproof connection) and in spot exposed to water.