Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The E36 Drift build. Shelly

My Cars
    1998 M3 / 2000 S2000
    Why the hell do you need to cut the cv boot clamps to remove the bolts for axles? Do you have a difficult time reading instructions or is this just cool trendy way to be s13 hella flush and drifttarded?

If I ever see a car like yours hooning on the streets in norcal I will call the police to remove shit from the road.

Idiot children with welded diffs are the cause of hatred of police towards all automotive enthusists.

Take the the car pile to a drift event and smash it there.
    Last edited by wanganstyle; 01-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Wanganstyle Powertrain
    http://www.wanganstyle.com/

S54B32 E36 M3 DTA S100 Sedan Street car full swap:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1437471

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    dude did you seriously just say you duct taped the bolt in?

stop.

stop doing what youre doing.

you need to find someone who knows what theyre doing to help you, or just ask questions on this forum before you keep doing dumb shit.

your diff bolt probably loosened up because you are on stock diff bushings that are blown to shit, and that bolt is single-shear. meaning it won't tolerate the nonsense you're giving it without

A: solid diff bushings
    or
    B: reinforcement

I would recommend the former, and a new 10.9 grade bolt for the diff.

My Cars
    97 328is 02 e46 330xi
    An easy update for the diff bolt is to drill the old bolt out of our casing and get a longer bolt next time with a nut on the end instead I threading it into the diff casing. I found that way to be stronger then threading it into the diff casing

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 DINAN S3
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftShelly View Post
    Yeah i made that for a guy who got a DUI because he kept talking badly about my car. Sorry to put you to shame though; It was meant to be hard to watch. How in the world did you find that video?
    uh.....you linked a video from your youtube account, so i clicked on your username to see if you had done any other stupid crap and it was right there. Not exactly rocket science. And yes it was very difficult to watch you hump the hood of your car and drive like an idiot.\

and seriously....please do not drive this car until you fix the diff bolt. Jesus christ dude. Do you honestly want to kill someone? It's fine if you want to kill yourself, go for it but you doing stupid shit like this in public. Fuck you and your immature bullshit.
    Last edited by camdinans3; 01-27-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Andrew:
    1995: Avus

///Supercharged 95 Club

My Cars
    1998 M3 / 2000 S2000
    Please kill self so others can be spared.
    Wanganstyle Powertrain
    http://www.wanganstyle.com/

S54B32 E36 M3 DTA S100 Sedan Street car full swap:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1437471

My Cars
    Slow e36

My Cars
    1990 525i
    This is awesome

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Last edited by Gmfwd; 01-28-2014 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    many
    leave the poor kid alone we all did stupid stuff in our teens.

save it for the track bro

either a extract that broken dif bolt or b drill though it and nut and bolt it . also the dif/ subframe bushing are probably to blame for this so save some scratch and buy something firmer
    not a bad time to do some reinforcing of the chassis as well.
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post

stop.

you need to find someone who knows what theyre doing to help you, or just ask questions on this forum before you keep doing dumb shit.

your diff bolt probably loosened up because you are on stock diff bushings that are blown to shit, and that bolt is single-shear. meaning it won't tolerate the nonsense you're giving it without

or

Okay so here is the plan. Thursday morning, me and a buddy are taking out the differential and the axles and hopefully putting the diff on a drill press to drill out a bigger threading if the threading is stripped and also to put a larger bolt in there so it wont happen again. (this buddy of mine has done this before and he told me it works out well) I will also be taking it with the Axles to a shop to have the PROPER cv boot clamp put on to the cv boot... I will also ask some people if my stock diff bushings are blown. We will see, thanks for the input though.

The reason I had to pull over to the side of the road and duct tape the bolt in is so the bolt would not come loose for a couple miles considering it was already stripped and i need to get my car to a place where i could park it till thursday morning. I am borrowing a friends car because if I don't and I keep driving my car till thursday then I will probably have to buy a new drive shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by autowa View Post
    An easy update for the diff bolt is to drill the old bolt out of our casing and get a longer bolt next time with a nut on the end instead I threading it into the diff casing. I found that way to be stronger then threading it into the diff casing
    And thank you! Ill see

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is Coupe
    this is legitimately painful, 'we all did stupid stuff when we were teenagers' is not a good excuse.
    i feel bad for that e36

on another note…in for updates

My Cars
    98 328is
    im a fan of young dumb kid shit. in for updates on where this goes.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    I have done the drill though and nut on the end method and it worked fine. Never broke another bolt.

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    myself and nearby motorists are glad to hear the the duct-taped diff bolt was temporary. Lots of hate in here... I do agree, please save it for the track or you may not have that license you are so proud of for much longer! props to working fast and having goals, roll bar sounds like a great idea and should allow for actual drift events.

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    2008 M3 Coupe
    The broken bolt just comes right out with an easy out... I just fixed this on my m3 a month or so back.

My Cars
    E36 vert 5.0 V8 swap
    that roll bar design looks pretty good for the price. just be sure to weld it in properly and don't use duct tape.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 DINAN S3
    I'm not even sure why you would admit something that monumentally stupid on a forum.
    Andrew:
    1995: Avus

///Supercharged 95 Club

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post

stop.

or

Just so i could get my car going through the weekend. On saturday me and a buddy went to the hardware store for a temporary grade 8.8 bolt. Then we would wait for the weekdays so we could go to the dealership and get a higher grade bolt and put it in. The not so great grade 8.8 bolt snapped again yesterday after it had been raining for the first time in 2 months. I had to slide in the rain. My buddy and me did some tandem donuts for the first time! But the gopro wasnt recording... we only got a 350z with an open diff trying to do donuts and some mountain driving to the snow where we found a little dirt circle and dirt paths where we drove. My friend then got his car stuck after sliding around a couple times. I then had to push it out of the way with my car. resulting in this.
    It was stupid of me to use the corner of my car in the first place to push him out. I probably should have backed into him.

Anyways I was driving back home down the mountain when i heard a clunk in the back of my car, which happened to be the bolt. Thus jacking up my car and putting it back in just to get home.
    Onto the Diff bushings and such. Should i replace all 3 bushings or will i be fine with just the front bushing? I'm probably going to get the M14 front diff bushing from AKG. and a 10.9 1.5 m14 bolt that fits a 7 series but should now fit the new bushing that i will grab.
    http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...ion%2FBushings (the second red bushing)
    http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/5678...5-07119901378/

I'm also reconsidering the ghetto spraypainted black rims.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo

dude

My Cars
    many
    you should do all 3 dif housing bushing. i would only suggest to go solid if you were also doing solid subframe bushings at the same time aswell.

but duuuuuuude that fc on a bank with the guy up top lol why did he slow down. he shoudlva hammered down tooting the dixie horn and gone over like a man.
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by kyillest View Post
    he shoudlva hammered down tooting the dixie horn and gone over like a man.
    im freaking dying laughing. Can I sub just for the shit that's said in this thread?

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    lol at kyle!! I'm really disappointed the GoPro wasn't working.

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Looks like he tried the irohazuka jump the wrong way around. Shoulda been going down hill and also you need a SW20 not a silly FC

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by kyillest View Post
    you should do all 3 dif housing bushing. i would only suggest to go solid if you were also doing solid subframe bushings at the same time aswell.

but duuuuuuude that fc on a bank with the guy up top lol why did he slow down. he shoudlva hammered down tooting the dixie horn and gone over like a man.

just found out I have to pay someone some money right now. So I just bought the front bushing and an m14 bolt. it should come this week. and when it does ill stick it in and start driving.

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Quote Originally Posted by Piner View Post
    Looks like he tried the irohazuka jump the wrong way around. Shoulda been going down hill and also you need a SW20 not a silly FC

Stop doing stupid things to/with your car. I understand you're young and ill-trained but you have a long life ahead of you, don't kill yourself over a duct taped roll bar tandem donut off a mountain because you had to drift in the rain.

/
    //

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast