Thread: New Battery Time

My Cars
    07 530xiT, 05 CLK500 Cab

New Battery Time

CLICK, CLICK, CLICK..I checked the battery and it's 3/08 so, rather than fool with it...PEP BOYS, BOSCH PERFORMANCE #48 3 years replacement + 2 more years pro-rated with a 20% off coupon,$15 core refund, and 6% tax.....$100 out the door....(10 minutes to remove, 20 minutes to the store and back, 10 minutes to instal)...not bad....Now to figure out how to reset the digital clock....oh well I never changed from daylight saving...

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    That is a good deal... wish I had known about that. I paid about $180 for my Duralast Platinum a few weeks ago, though I'd read good reviews about it on the forum.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    When I got my Z3 a year ago the battery had been recently replaced. But whoever replaced it lost the foot clip that holds it down. The rod alone was doing nothing.
    Battery hold down - rod, base, clip 61218407307
    Axial securing clip 7149158226

BMW South Atlanta said the clip was NA alone, and notified me that they were sending me the rod/clip combo. I appreciated that.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Walmart batteries have been very well to me. They're pretty cheap, too.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    I paid about $90 from Advance Auto at the beginning of spring this year. They didn't have the AGM version, which I would have bought if they stocked it. Then again, people rag on Optimas all the time, but I've had very good experience with Optima Red Tops for the last 10 yrs. or so, although they are kept on a battery tender.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerPA View Post
    I paid about $90 from Advance Auto at the beginning of spring this year. They didn't have the AGM version, which I would have bought if they stocked it. Then again, people rag on Optimas all the time, but I've had very good experience with Optima Red Tops for the last 10 yrs. or so, although they are kept on a battery tender.
    I put a optima red top in my M & two in the Escalade…optima batteries got some powwwaaa!!!

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    I'm running an interstate battery now and its way better than the stock battery ever was.

My Cars
    99 M Rdstr, 92 325ic,
    Quote Originally Posted by moonvan View Post
    I'm running an interstate battery now and its way better than the stock battery ever was.
    interstate here as well.

I thought of going with a civic battery for weight reduction. I only drive the car in above 40 degree weather.